Google Voice Help

Scooter88

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have Google Voice setup on my phone...

With the latest version one is supposed to be able to use the stock messaging app and still have their GV number displayed when texting...

Whenever I text from the stock messaging app the number everyone sees is my new T-mobile number and not my GV number... anyone know how to fix this at all?

Also, is there any way to import contacts into GV? That would help a great deal...

DizkoDan

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
You can receive messages in the stock app, and can reply to them if they were sent to your GV number.If you try to send a new message (not replying to an existing thread), it's going to use your sim's number, as it knows nothing about your GV number. You need something like GV Integration if you want to have full integration.

Ed 115

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem but found a workaround....its kind of a pain.....

Message people through the gv app, make sure you receive texts through the phones stock app....
When they reply it will be sent to your stock app but with a gv assigned number. Save that number to the contact and label it text or whatever you want. Youll have to do that to every one who texts you but at least it wont show up as some stupid number anymore and youll be able to text through the stock app and it will use your gv number.

Wish theres an easier way unless im missing something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo