Issues with bluetooth headset volume control

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Jaybird "Bluebuds X" bluetooth headset ( Bluetooth Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Sports : Android Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphones : iPhone Bluetooth Headphones : iPod Bluetooth Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com ) which I have to say is an incredible device with great sound quality (but see below), 8 hour battery in use and 250 hour standby, and true 30 ft range. It is amazing to me that so much can be packed into a headset only a tiny bit larger than typical wired earbuds. Full specs are at Bluebud X / Details & Specs

So, here is my issue and wondering if anyone has similar issues with this or other wired / wireless headsets: I am listening to music at normal volume level (for me, "normal" is on the softer side; I want my inner ears to last into my 70's if possible). Music sounds great, thanks to the quality of this device and my music player's equalizer. A call comes in; I answer with a press of the headset's center control button. In-call sound quality is not so great; "tinny" is the best way I can describe it and nothing like the quality of the music I was just listening to. I can deal with that, however.

What I cannot deal with is when the call ends the music kicks in again but at an extremely loud volume and very tinny and scratchy sound quality. I haven't had the opportunity to do thorough testing yet so not entirely certain about this, but I think a simple press of the N4's volume down button immediately brings both the music volume and quality back to normal. Frankly, it is difficult to test considering I have to practically rip the buds out of my ears because the noise is so loud / awful.

Opinions please: is this an issue with the design of the headset? The Nexus 4? Android 4.2.1? The media player (PowerAmp)? Phase of the moon?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Additional info:

If I am listening to music and use the headset's controls to initiate a call (long press center control button then use voice commands to speak a number or select from address book), upon call end the music volume seems to return to normal.

The problem described in my earlier post seems to occur specifically when receiving a call while listening to music but further testing is necessary before I can be certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress