Baawaaaaaa, sad Christmas!

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Sniff, sniff, tears running down my (face) cheek. Looks like my Nexus 4 - 16GB won't be here for Christmas.....

No sign of shipping yet!

Guess I'll keep rock'n with my BlackBerry Torch 9810 awhile longer.

Baawaaaaaa, I want my Nexus 4! The only phone that could temp me away from my Blackberries.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Really? That's the only one? There are at least 25 phones that could get me away from BlackBerry :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Really? That's the only one? There are at least 25 phones that could get me away from BlackBerry :p

LOL, I'm not a great fan of Android. My experience was with a Xoom on Honeycomb. Wasn't greatly impressed with the UI, but RIM I fear is stagnent and don't see from what I've read that BB10 will be that much of a game changer, I have two Playbooks and love the swip gestures but browser sucks with the constant blue and white checker board if you scroll through a web page too fast. Browser is primary thing for me and praying N4 with JB that browser will be better.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol u are basing your android experience on a ZOOM HAHA and a TABLET HAHAHA. BRO Android has GREATLY evolved since honeycomb lol that wasn't even half of what ICS or jb is plus the phones are wayyy better viewing experience of android than a tablet. Hell if u want both get the note2. Hell of a device

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Android has improved quite a bit in the new JB firmwares - a big leap from HC and Froyo. Try it in-store with a decent tablet. It can be even further improved with custom firmware.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I'm not a great fan of Android. My experience was with a Xoom on Honeycomb. Wasn't greatly impressed with the UI, but RIM I fear is stagnent and don't see from what I've read that BB10 will be that much of a game changer, I have two Playbooks and love the swip gestures but browser sucks with the constant blue and white checker board if you scroll through a web page too fast. Browser is primary thing for me and praying N4 with JB that browser will be better.
Ya, unfortunately the first android device you picked was probably one (if not thee) worst device to launch in the history of Android. I think that if you purchased any Asus or Samsung tablet your experience would be much better. And as for phones the Nexus 4 is truly an incredible device. But you could also buy the Samsung GS3 or Note 2 or the HTC One X+ or the LG Optimus or the Motorola RAZR Maxx or HD and be completely happy.

But considering I am typing this on my new Nexus 4 I can only pat you on the back for not making the same mistake twice and choosing to buy what I think is the best value in any mobile phone. Not just on Android but anywhere. Period.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

That's the reason I was away from the Android for so long. Previous experiences with other phones at 2.0 and other OS's near there. It was so horribly slow and the UI didn't look good at all. I prefered the ipod jailbroken with themes than the android.
For browser, I don't like the chrome and I recommend you use the Dolphin browser because it's better. There are still some white checker boards but they get rid pretty quickly.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Best of luck with the mail, hopefully it comes in soon! In my case I have been waiting since nov 13 (since the sell out) for it to come back in and additional time before that.
I must say android is amazing that anything you can customize, so if you miss the BB experience you might be able to get it on your phone (minus the huge keyboard)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa