how to prepare Nexus 4 for selling?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i just sold my nexus 4 online and i need to ship it. i've unlocked the bootloader and rooted it and sold it like so. the buyer wanted it unlocked and rooted. i did a factory reset to clear my settings and files, however when i hooked up the nexus 4 via cable, i noticed that some folders from previous programs and data are still there. i deleted it manually but i'm not sure if there's anything else the factory reset did not get rid off. how do i remove all my previous settings and data for sure 100% while leaving the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted? is factory reset enough? factory reset don't get rid off bootloader or root right? i noticed it did not but i just want to be sure

thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i just sold my nexus 4 online and i need to ship it. i've unlocked the bootloader and rooted it and sold it like so. the buyer wanted it unlocked and rooted. i did a factory reset to clear my settings and files, however when i hooked up the nexus 4 via cable, i noticed that some folders from previous programs and data are still there. i deleted it manually but i'm not sure if there's anything else the factory reset did not get rid off. how do i remove all my previous settings and data for sure 100% while leaving the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted? is factory reset enough? factory reset don't get rid off bootloader or root right? i noticed it did not but i just want to be sure

thanks
The reason the files are there is because the N4 partitions your internal memory (sd card). So it is similar to if you has a removable sd card. The phone internally is clean but you still need to delete any folders from the partition. It sounds like you did that so you should be good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums