How does one delete video?

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Download any file manager app, go to movies/video folder and hold down file to delete. I use root explorer, Adao file manager and root explorer.

Ian B

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Download any file manager app, go to movies/video folder and hold down file to delete. I use root explorer, Adao file manager and root explorer.

Ian B

None of those worked, I downloaded Ol File Manager, which deleted the videos but left the titles in the folder, just keeps getting better. I cannot believe you cannot delete home made video, built into jelly bean, how stupid!

Update: thinking like an ex blackberry user, I powered down the phone and then restarted, lo n behold the video titles were gone.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I made some test video but cannot determine how to delete them.

Ummmm...

Open the Gallery app. Open the Camera folder in grid view. Locate the video and long-press it; when you release it should be highlighted. Look at the top of the screen where you should now see a trashcan icon (along with a few others). Tap the trashcan and confirm to delete.

So, what's the problem?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Alternatively...

While the video is on screen (but not playing), tap once anywhere except on the Play button in the center. You should now see this:

Screenshot_2013_01_05_08_02_40.jpg

Tap the menu icon at top-right, then tap Delete:

Screenshot_2013_01_05_08_02_50.jpg