Unlocking is illegal

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Unlocking Your Cell Phone is Now Illegal! - YouTube
well sucks for those who didn't buy from google play lol. Well anyways this is unlocking your phone, not unlocking the bootloader (prerequisite to rooting)
you can unlock with the carrier's consent but i'm pretty sure the carrier doesn't want you to be switching services, right?

well anyways sign this petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-unlocking-cell-phones-legal/1g9KhZG7#thank-you=p

The nexus 4 doesnt apply no matter where it was bought at as it is carrier unlocked already by the manufacturer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So within a day someone(From the Verge) versed in law, will write a compelling article/editorial on why this is 50 ways to sunday unconstitutional. Really? I am breaking the law if I try to move my phone to another carrier by changing the firmware. This has to be the silliest least unenforceable law ever!

Whats next FBI warning on video's?:D

I'll be glad to have them challenge my constitutional rights on this one...Heck I'll represent myself and win...

Its just dumb on so many level's. If I unlock my phone and stay with my carrier...guess what? I haven't broken the law.

Now I sell the phone and they use it on t-Mo. Guess what? They have not broken a law either...They didin't unlock it...Freakin BS!! Loopholes abound!

Last edited:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So within a day someone(From the Verge) versed in law, will write a compelling article/editorial on why this is 50 ways to sunday unconstitutional. Really? I am breaking the law if I try to move my phone to another carrier by changing the firmware. This has to be the silliest least unenforceable law ever!

Whats next FBI warning on video's?:D

I'll be glad to have them challenge my constitutional rights on this one...Heck I'll represent myself and win...

Its just dumb on so many level's. If I unlock my phone and stay with my carrier...guess what? I haven't broken the law.

Now I sell the phone and they use it on t-Mo. Guess what? They have not broken a law either...They didin't unlock it...Freakin BS!! Loopholes abound!

Lol yeah we all know. Not sure howd it be enforced it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking Your Cell Phone is Now Illegal! - YouTube
well sucks for those who didn't buy from google play lol. Well anyways this is unlocking your phone, not unlocking the bootloader (prerequisite to rooting)
you can unlock with the carrier's consent but i'm pretty sure the carrier doesn't want you to be switching services, right?

well anyways sign this petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-unlocking-cell-phones-legal/1g9KhZG7#thank-you=p

All Nexus 4's are unlocked whether purchased via the Play Store or T-Mobile. This is entirely irrelevant to us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress