Will you consider switching to 'Go Smart'?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what the data speeds look like, but if they're sticking to 3g, I'll have to pass. I'm liking my $30 4g plan too much. I have to say that this is one of the things I'm loving about my N4..options. I could never even consider shopping around while locked into my old Verizon contract.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
No way. I'm too happy with Solavei. (It might be worth doing GoSmart if you lived in an area with no 4g.) With all the complaints about ST customer service / random throttling I don't know why you'd go T-Mobile through them. With the current plan offerings out there on the T-Mobile network I think there's a pretty clear path based on your usage.

1: $30 T-Mobile if you can make the 100 minutes work
2: $49 Solavei unlimited / throttled after 4GB
3: $70 T-Mobile if you need to be truly unlimited

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Agreed with all. The $45 plan wouldn't make much sense when you could get 4G with ST (albeit less data), and if I was willing to pay $45 per for unlimited everything then it'd be hard not to justify paying $5 more for Solavei.

However, I think some $30 T Mobile customers might be tempted for the $35 Go Smart if your struggling to get by on 100 minutes and frustrated with voip. So long as you had regular access to wifi then I see value in the $35 plan.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
However, I think some $30 T Mobile customers might be tempted for the $35 Go Smart if your struggling to get by on 100 minutes and frustrated with voip. So long as you had regular access to wifi then I see value in the $35 plan.

Maybe, but I think that's going to be a tough sell. I get the feeling most people on the $30 plan like their fast data. The $35 plan is only 2g. I guess it works if you're not concerned with data speeds when away from wifi. (which is what you said :p)

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think that's going to be a tough sell. I get the feeling most people on the $30 plan like their fast data.

Yes. It would be like going back to dial-up. I do not think there would be many N4 owners (if any) on Tmo no data w/1500 talk & text $30 plan' but for them 2g might be nice when in a pinch.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am considering signing my wife up for this... I am not so sure she would notice the 2g, $35 for unlimited texts and calls would be perfect for her though.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i think only $30 plan (unlimited talk & text) is good
other plan with download speed of 2G for $35 is crap
who use 2G speed now days

Not everyone needs the speed. My mother is on Sprint and doesn't mind their horrid 3G speeds while I would be wanting to throw my phone out the car window.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nimbose

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Since I live in Wales, I can't get that service. However... Even if I could, I wouldn't.

I get 300 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet for ?13.36 a month on Three (my contract is also a 30 day rolling one; so I could always switch to another whenever I want to). I know the minutes and texts might not be enough for some people, but for me it's perfect; and so cheap, too! :D

My internet is 3G, but honestly... It goes fast enough on my Nexus 4 anyway, and I don't plan to stream movies or do online gaming anytime soon. Heh.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Since I live in Wales, I can't get that service. However... Even if I could, I wouldn't.

I get 300 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet for ?13.36 a month on Three (my contract is also a 30 day rolling one; so I could always switch to another whenever I want to). I know the minutes and texts might not be enough for some people, but for me it's perfect; and so cheap, too! :D

My internet is 3G, but honestly... It goes fast enough on my Nexus 4 anyway, and I don't plan to stream movies or do online gaming anytime soon. Heh.

That is a great deal. I wish we had an option that affordable in the US.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
As someone who used to have a girlfriend from Australia, I have always found it interesting what people in AU and some European countries are willing to pay, given what they get for it (I could make this comment about a number of things, but right now I'm thinking Internet connectivity and cell usage).

We American T-Mo customers -- well, many of us, anyhow -- are paying ~ 22.99 ?/mo for 100 minutes talk, unlim text, and approx. 10 - 25MB down / 1 - 3MB up throttled after 5GB. (I'm also paying ~38.30 ?/mo for 20MB cable service with basically no cap at all.)

Call me spoiled, because I certainly am. :)

EDIT: My bill is $30 (22.99 ?) + 6% sales tax ($1.80, or 1.38 ?), for a monthly total of $31.80 (24.38 ?).

Last edited:

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No way. I'm too happy with Solavei. (It might be worth doing GoSmart if you lived in an area with no 4g.) With all the complaints about ST customer service / random throttling I don't know why you'd go T-Mobile through them. With the current plan offerings out there on the T-Mobile network I think there's a pretty clear path based on your usage.

It's perfect for many dudes I know, but obviously not intended for people who spend 3 hours a day on the phone with their BFF who lives next door. :D :D

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

2: $49 Solavei unlimited / throttled after 4GB
3: $70 T-Mobile if you need to be truly unlimited

The Solavei is 59 a month all in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mat jonson

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed with all. The $45 plan wouldn't make much sense when you could get 4G with ST (albeit less data), and if I was willing to pay $45 per for unlimited everything then it'd be hard not to justify paying $5 more for Solavei.

i really don't think so, T Mobile $30 4G plan might have only 100 min of talk time but it has unlimited 4G data but T Mobile $35 plan might have unlimited talk & text but data speed is 2G, a smartphone require 3G at least
i think T Mobile $30 4G plan customers might like $45 plan if they think their data requirement is less than 5GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress