Straight Talk AT&T - back and forth between 3g and 4g?

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that my when i cycle my mobile data on and off when it comes back on it initially says 4g, but then toggles down the 3g and stays there? Whats up with that? Do I have 4g in this area, but the straight talk sim only runs at 3g? Or is there a different APN setting I could use? Its not a huge deal, I'm still getting 3 mb down a 1mb up which is more than enough for my data needs, I'm more or less just curious. I'm totally new to mobile data.

Thanks!

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
NEVER MIND!

I think i just figured it out...it cycles to 4g every time i use something with data, otherwise it just drops down to 3g. Sorry....

Mark this one with solved?

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that my when i cycle my mobile data on and off when it comes back on it initially says 4g, but then toggles down the 3g and stays there? Whats up with that? Do I have 4g in this area, but the straight talk sim only runs at 3g? Or is there a different APN setting I could use? Its not a huge deal, I'm still getting 3 mb down a 1mb up which is more than enough for my data needs, I'm more or less just curious. I'm totally new to mobile data.

Thanks!

Are you getting the H?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes i didnt know what that meant at first, so i downloaded a network monitor app. It gives a nice little notification icon in the top that says specifically what you are on.

I am thinking of activating my ST AT&T microsim after my current month of service is up. On my current plan, H is displayed when I am in 4g or 3g coverage area and E is displayed when I am in 2g/edge. Is this similar to what I would see with a ST AT&T sim as well or does it actually show the 3g indicator?

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of activating my ST AT&T microsim after my current month of service is up. On my current plan, H is displayed when I am in 4g or 3g coverage area and E is displayed when I am in 2g/edge. Is this similar to what I would see with a ST AT&T sim as well or does it actually show the 3g indicator?

It's the same for me but I downloaded a network monitoring app and it has a notification that says exactly what you are connected to.