cannot unlock a screen locked during a call.

prejula p p

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't unlock the screen during a call. I tried pressing the unlock button quite a number of times before i could finally manage to cut the call. Is this an issue? Or is there some setting for this?:(

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't unlock the screen during a call. I tried pressing the unlock button quite a number of times before i could finally manage to cut the call. Is this an issue? Or is there some setting for this?:(

I assume you have a screen protector and the light sensors are covered with it?
many had similar issue.

emmabardwick

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes there is a setting that lets you cut the call by pressing that button, its in settings ->Accessibility : Power button ends call.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are two very small sensors at the very top left of the screen. If either are covered (by a screen protector or even a thumb), the phone thinks it I'd still held to your ear and the screen won't turn back on.

phrough

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

There is a bug here. I'm experiencing the same issue on my Pixel 3 (Google fi) with no screen protector and when I take the case off. If I place a call with the speaker activated things go well. As soon as I switch off speaker phone the screen turns off and won't turn back on until the other party hangs up the call.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're saying that happens even when nothing is up against the proximity sensor? Make sure the glass is also very clean overlying the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty