Nexus suddenly won't connect with 3G/HSPA+! Need help

ezraremes

May 20, 2013
Visit site
(Tried to find an answer here/on google, but only found solutions for problems with switching from wifi to mobile data..)

My problem is that, since a few hours ago, whenever I switch on my 3G/HSPA+, i lose data connection. Though edge does work, but whenever I untick the "only use 2G networks" box, I lose connection, so no 3G but also no EDGE, what I think is very strange.
If it'd be a problem with my provider, no coverage, then I'd still be getting EDGE when i put on my 3G, right?

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution for it? What would you suggest that I do?
Already switched phone on and off for a few times, re-entered my APN details.

I'd be so sad if my phone just lost 3G/HSPA+ access..

Thanks, Ezra
(btw it used to work, the 3G, have used it before. I didn't change any settings when i lost "it")

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you realize how many times people call their provider and they just say everything is fine on their end? Those guys that answer the phone are clueless.

I'd like to second this.

It's very likely a problem with the network which is actually more frustrating since you have no ability to fix or impact it. They won't admit that unless you force them to though.

On a separate, but possibly related note, T-Mobile just told me that they possibly have some towers down in Washington DC. This only came after I

• Toggled Mobile network
  • Reset APN
  • Reset Preferred Network Name
  • Rebooted
  • Hard Reset to Cyanogenmod 10.1
  • Flashed a clean version of the stock rom

I think the guy said it so that I would just leave him alone.

Regardless, good luck.

nb

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Already switched phone on and off for a few times, re-entered my APN details.

When you say you re-entered your APN details, what did you do? Did you go into the current profile and retype everything? Did you make a new profile and just copy the old one? Or did you first reset it back to default and give it a go? If you did not do this last one, try that. If that doesn't work, drive to a different part of the city, on the opposite end of wherever you spend your time (or better yet, drive to the next town over). It's the only real way to test whether or not a potential tower issue might be in play.

If it still doesn't work, maybe try turning it off, popping out the SIM, turning it back on and off, and then putting the SIM back in. You can also try a factory reset. If none of that works and you can't get a working signal anywhere, then it's time to contact Google.

ezraremes

May 20, 2013
Visit site
when i re-entered APN, i set it back to default and reentered the details like explained on the site. Did everything you said, now wrks again. Thanks brother!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to second this.

It's very likely a problem with the network which is actually more frustrating since you have no ability to fix or impact it. They won't admit that unless you force them to though.

On a separate, but possibly related note, T-Mobile just told me that they possibly have some towers down in Washington DC. This only came after I

• Toggled Mobile network
  • Reset APN
  • Rebooted

Regardless, good luck.

nb
thanks mate! alot!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to second this.

• Toggled Mobile network
  • Reset APN
  • Rebooted

Regardless, good luck.

nb
thanks mate! alot!