Thoughts after I rooted my Nexus 4 for the first time

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am glad to say I finally rooted my Nexus 4 yesterday morning after having it since the end of February this year!

I am glad I did because now I have total control over how everything looks and works!

I downloaded Antutu CPU Master and I've been messing around with the settings quite a bit, Ive found a perfect setting for my day to get me through it with battery left over!
AdAway has also helped a lot since Google removed all Ad Blockers :(
Dashclock Widget is AMAZING, I can use it on the lock screen and go right to my notifications without having to unlock it!
I LOVE being able to change the status bar, navigation bar, status bar icons, and navigation bar buttons to any colour I like and having the ability to add buttons to the navigation bar, it's really helpful when I find myself in a situation where I could use it!
PIE is awesome when I want to play Fun Run for the extra screen real estate PIE provides, cuz real estate is expensive as **** these days!

That's pretty much all I have installed for system apps, but I also use these;

Free App A Day incase something cool comes up
Twitter for my tweeting needs
Instagram for my creeping needs
Google Keep to plan my YouTube videos (YouTube.com/user/devchaube15)
Flipboard for Entrepreneur news (I want to become one!)

I've installed the Sunbeam Wallpaper found in Android 4.3 (Video Installation Tutorial Link: How to Install Sunbeam Live Wallpaper - ANDROID 4.3 - YouTube)
Also the Google Edition Camera found in Android 4.3 (Video Installation Tutorial Link: How to Install Google Camera - ANDROID 4.3 - YouTube)
I installed Instagram a while back and had to re-install it, I wanted the video service that Instagram was taking a while to release (Video Installation Tutorial Link: Instagram Video Installation Tutorial - ANDROID - YouTube)

What my Nexus 4 looked like before I rooted it: VIDEO: (What's on my Android Phone 2013 - YouTube)

I will be making a new video soon showing the phone rooted, probably in a day or two.

Hope you like it!

Check out some screenshots here and if you have rooted your phone as well go post your set up here for everyone to see and get inspiration from:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...22-pimp-your-rom-share-your-custom-setup.html

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
ijam 91 said:
is it necessary to root ?

Posted via Android Central App

Well, if you want to root then you need a reason, it could be that you don't have enough battery to last you for as long as you'd like, or maybe you're phones running a bit slow, it could even be that you don't like the current blue/black theme that Android offers. If you don't have a reason then don't do it, but if you do, then it unlocks your doors that you need unlocked plus Wonderland.

Captainbob767 said:
My non-rooted N4 works and looks great, so I'm sticking with it. My motto is , "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My motto is, "Great just isn't good enough." :cool:

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I rooted mine only to get LTE, and that was because HSPA on T-Mobile in my area suddenly slowed to EDGE speeds. Otherwise I found no advantage to rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74