Google Play Music Keep Pausing when using Head Phones, HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Roy_21

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so every time I'm at the gym and have my head phones on and listening to my music via Google Music it suddenly pauses. This happens about 30 minutes into listening to my music. It will do this at first and then I have to press Play, minutes later it pauses again. Then it gets bad, a song will be playing and suddenly stop and skip to the next one and then the next one and the next one. Almost as if they were being streamed with a bad connection, but that can't be since I downloaded them to my playlist. Also when I unlock my phone and try switching songs without the Music widget Google Now will pop up as If I were hitting the Mic icon like it's possessed, over and over till I feel like throwing my 16GB Nexus 4 against the wall. I've tried Force Stopping Google Now, disabling it then restarting my phone, but nothing improves. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! I think It could be something with Google Now causing this issue , but can't say for sure just speculation. I thought It could be something with my Play/Pause button on my SkullCandy headphones, but after I ripped them off I immediately found out that wasn't the case, nice right? So now I'm left with this constant frustration when using my headphones at the gym. If anybody can shed some light and help me out with this disease that is driving me crazy I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate your assistance.

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Definitely sounds like the button on your headphones is defective rather than there's anything wrong with the device or the app.

...I thought It could be something with my Play/Pause button on my SkullCandy headphones, but after I ripped them off I immediately found out that wasn't the case, nice right?...

What do you mean when you said you "ripped them off" and "found out that wasn't the case"?

The problems persist even without the headphones plugged in?

Do you experience the same if there's no headphones plugged into the phone so that the audio just comes out of the rear speakers? Have you tried using another pair of headphones?

Roy_21

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ripped the buttons off leaving only the wires exposed to the controls.

This does not happen when their is no Headphones plugged in.

When listening to the rear speaker no interruption comes about. Though just today when I plugged my phone into my friends AUX port in his car the Google Now app command app poped up, but just once, so theirs that.

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
A couple things to try:

1. Plug your headphones (the Skullcandy with the buttons) into another Android phone. See if you can replicate the problem on another phone. If you can, then the problem is with the headphones.

2. Plug a different set of headphones into your phone. See if you can replicate the problem. If you can, then problem may be with the audio jack of your phone. Maybe it?s just dirty so try to clean it out. If that doesn?t work, you may have to send it back for repairs.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had pausing problems, but the volume suddenly drops for no apparent reason. If I hit pause and then play, it's back to normal level . . . and then drops again a few moments or minutes later.

I'm using a Plantronics Voyager UC, which Bluetooth.

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
First thing that popped in my head was maybe the plug is not fully pushed in. If you have a case, sometimes the way things are positioned stops the plug from going in all the way. Or possibly you have some lint or something in the AUX jack preventing it from going in all the way.

As for the google now popping up, I'm not quite sure I can envision what's happening. So you're unlocking your phone and it goes straight into google now? or are you unlocking and pressing the skip button and it opens?

Valeria Wym

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I had the same problem. . But I went to my settings and clicked on motion.. and I turned it of.. I realized that everytime I shake my phone with my headphones on that happend so I turned off motion :) hope it helped :)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I had the same problem. . But I went to my settings and clicked on motion.. and I turned it of.. I realized that everytime I shake my phone with my headphones on that happend so I turned off motion :) hope it helped :)

Motion? What's that?

Anyway, I have had similar strange problems with headsets that always turned out to be related to the wiring failing near the inline microphone/button controls.

Dann_dobson

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
First thing that popped in my head was maybe the plug is not fully pushed in. If you have a case, sometimes the way things are positioned stops the plug from going in all the way. Or possibly you have some lint or something in the AUX jack preventing it from going in all the way.

As for the google now popping up, I'm not quite sure I can envision what's happening. So you're unlocking your phone and it goes straight into google now? or are you unlocking and pressing the skip button and it opens?

This is happening to me!!! Imagine of you pressed the mic button on google now, but the phone doing itself from anywhere on the phone, even lockscreen...
It's really annoying!!!

My phone is fine with scull candy in-ear, but my Sony MDR V-55s make this happen, and any other jack that I use in a amplifier :/
When I twist the cable the problem starts and this happens a lot when I'm in the gym -_-

The Sony's doesn't have and buttons on it for volume or play/pause either, I really dont know what the problem is.

Samsung galaxy note 2 btw

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain the headset plug is fully inserted? The Nexus 4 jack has a very distinctive "click" when you reach the bottom of the jack.

Also, note the image below:

IMG_20130929_065201.jpg

The plug at the bottom is from a headset with built-in mic and control buttons. The one at the top is a simple stereo headset. Personally, I am very suspicious as to whether the N4 can properly handle a simple (without mic) headset due to the different plug configuration.

Nick Ray1

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Oh my god this helped so much haha i was getting so pissed xD thank u :) 😘

webmatic

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly same issue and I have tried multiple headphone. This problem was not there from the start but it started after 3 weeks and is getting worse. Now I cannot hear more than 5-10 minutes without pausing and playing again.

Totoro DC

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue, tried many different headphones, every possible related setting on the phone turned off, but my music would still pause or skip to next track with the slightest movement of the headphone wire. Obviously was some electrical issue with the headphone jack connection, because rotating the plug in the jack very slightly or putting very slight pressure on it would cause the problem. It is interpreting a slight movement as a control signal that some headphone plugs have. Those have 4 electrical contact bands on the plug as opposed to the normal 3. To resolve this issue finally, I cut a very thin strip of scotch tape and wrapped around the area of the plug where the control band would be on a plug that had that feature. On a normal 3 band plug, you have the tip, a thin middle band, and a wider band at the base of the plug. Wrap the tape around the bottom half of this band (closest to the wire). This cuts off the base band (which is the ground) from shorting out to the control band connector inside the jack, therefore preventing a slight movement as being interpreted as a control signal to pause, advance track, etc.

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
Putt a thin layer of tape at the plug closest to the wire. That way you would block all out putt as volum and paus from the ear plugs to smart phone/tablets. It worked at my iphone ear plugs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty