Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been keeping tabs on the Straight Talk situation because I'm looking at switching over so I can use the AT&T network (which should have better coverage where I'm planning on using it, namely in and around the south end of Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and specifically the FGCU campus) and it seems Straight Talk has now ironed out everything they need to and are selling SIM and Micro SIM cards for AT&T again: StraightTalk.com: Choose Your SIM card.

So my question is: has anyone on here gotten one of these new SIM cards and tried it, and if so what have your experiences been?

Thanks!

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wrong forum. I already put it in the "Other Carriers" forum the other day. I know many people including myself, in the Nexus forum, are interested in this information though.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been keeping tabs on the Straight Talk situation because I'm looking at switching over so I can use the AT&T network (which should have better coverage where I'm planning on using it, namely in and around the south end of Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and specifically the FGCU campus) and it seems Straight Talk has now ironed out everything they need to and are selling SIM and Micro SIM cards for AT&T again: StraightTalk.com: Choose Your SIM card.

So my question is: has anyone on here gotten one of these new SIM cards and tried it, and if so what have your experiences been?

Thanks!

I can only speak to the last set of AT&T compatible SIMs on Straight Talk. When the Blue carrier and the Green mvno got into their disagreement my data got slowed to a crawl despite modest use levels. Happened once and I decided it could have been a fluke, but it happened a second billing cycle as well. Basically everything would be fine for the first two weeks of the billing month, but the last two weeks my data was so slow it took 3 minutes to get a manual refresh on a Gmail inbox. I timed it - several times.

There are no guarantees that everything will stay rosy this go around.

I'll never mvno again. :mad:

Jon Sid

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the old ATT sim card from Straight talk on my N4 for several months now. My latest speed here in Western NC has been 7.1mb down and 1.1mb up. I'm on automatic payment and I find the problem with straight talk is they keep moving my end date back a couple of days every month. If you get on auto payment you get a discount of 2.50/month but they do charge tax which still brings it up to just over $46. I just sent them an email asking them to explain why they keep moving the end date back.

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the old ATT sim card from Straight talk on my N4 for several months now. My latest speed here in Western NC has been 7.1mb down and 1.1mb up. I'm on automatic payment and I find the problem with straight talk is they keep moving my end date back a couple of days every month. If you get on auto payment you get a discount of 2.50/month but they do charge tax which still brings it up to just over $46. I just sent them an email asking them to explain why they keep moving the end date back.

They don't move the end date, they just cover 30 days so it won't always fall on the same pay date each month.

Jon Sid

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
They don't move the end date, they just cover 30 days so it won't always fall on the same pay date each month.

In one place on their website they say you get 30 days of service for $45. In their FAQ they say you get a month of service for $45. There are more months with 31 days than with 30. The way they figure it, you are losing 5 days a year.

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
In one place on their website they say you get 30 days of service for $45. In their FAQ they say you get a month of service for $45. There are more months with 31 days than with 30. The way they figure it, you are losing 5 days a year.

They can have 5 days, I enjoy not paying the added fees and such every month like with the big carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non