Is this Normal Battery Life?

Soban Arshad

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
So I recently got the nexus 4 and I'm coming from a note 2 so I'm like used to really good battery life. I've had the nexus 4 for about 2 days and was wondering if 11h 37m on battery with 4h 47m of screen on time was good? I was on WiFi all day. My usage consisted of Web Browsing the whole day on chrome beta and listening to music on speakers. I'm completely stock as well and Ive seen people achieve 5.5-6 hours of screen time with nexus 4. I wish I could post the screenshots but I don't know how to do that on the Android Central app

Posted via Android Central App

amcity32

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can post pics with the Android Central app. As for the battery life, the best I've ever gotten is 37 hours on battery with 4.5 hours screen time.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

Soban Arshad

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah one thing I noticed is that the standby time is excellent. Like its on equal level with iPhone when it comes to standby but when I'm actually using the phone it kinda drains a lot like 1% every 4 minutes

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how that's "unfortunate." 4+ hours screen time, with standby that will last forever, should be more than enough for most people to get through a day. If a really big battery is important to you, there are the Note and Moto Maxx phones, or plenty of phones with removable batteries.

I don't understand the idea that Nexus devices are supposed to be the perfect device for all people. This isn't the iPhone, it's one of hundreds of Android phones. And it has a pretty good combination of features for a great price. If you need a huge battery, get a different phone. If you need the best camera, get a different phone. If you need a bigger screen, smaller screen, higher resolution screen, amoled screen, faster processor (MOAR CORES!!1!1), removable battery, plastic casing, aluminum casing, Verizon or Sprint, LTE, sd card slot, more storage, more accessories, USB OTG, the ability to wave your hand to answer a call, etc etc etc... get a different freaking phone. /end rant

Soban Arshad

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
relax man I wasn't bashing on the nexus, I already knew before I bought the phone that battery was not gonna be that good. I was only asking this question because I've seen people get 5.5?6 hours of screen time while I'm getting just a little more than 4.5 hours of screen time.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Dude 4.5 of SOT with Wifi is great.
The best I got with Wifi was only 4hrs max. Usually it's 3-4hrs.
I bet people who got 5.5-6hrs (with stock) turn off many features such as GPS (and probably all sorts of location reporting), AutoSync, and use lowest brightness, etc.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Dude 4.5 of SOT with Wifi is great.
The best I got with Wifi was only 4hrs max. Usually it's 3-4hrs.
I bet people who got 5.5-6hrs (with stock) turn off many features such as GPS (and probably all sorts of location reporting), AutoSync, and use lowest brightness, etc.

And you would lose that bet, with me at least. But I'm at an advantage because I have a Microcell, which gives me a strong cell signal throughout my home. You can't forget about the cell signal. Just because you have good WiFi for data does not mean you will have a good cell signal. A poorer signal will drain more battery, so mileage will still vary, even when on WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

mr_wendal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I average around 3ish hours of screen on time and 18 hours total by the time I go to bed at night, and I normally have at least 15% left. I don't like running batteries all the way to 1%, though, so I almost never let it get lower than 15%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87