Hybrid radios for N4 LTE

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This'll probably be a moot point in a couple weeks when Google turns LTE on for all N4's (*fingers crossed*) but I'd love to hear your experiences with the different hybrid radios,

33/84 has been working well for me, I get fantastic up and downloads, no wifi connectivity problem, gps is (seems?) a little slower to load than before. Battery life seems better than before, but that might be due more to installing Greenify than anything else. I just flashed 27/84, curious to see how it behaves.

And I haven't even touched the world of 54 radios yet!

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Where did you hear about Google unlocking LTE on the Nexus 4.?

Posted via Android Central App

The N4 just got LTE certification this week. Either Google is going to sell a new N4 or they're going turn it on for the rest of us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried five different hybrid radios and the only one that didn't destroy my GPS sensitivity (difficulty getting a signal lock) was 27/84, so that is the one I stuck with. Unfortunately I don't have Band 4 in my immediate area.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The N4 just got LTE certification this week. Either Google is going to sell a new N4 or they're going turn it on for the rest of us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

An N4 with LTE got Bluetooth certification, not FCC or whatever other equivalent.

However, I'm hopeful this is coming.

Posted via Android Central App