KitKat Update + GE Launcher: Transparency inconsistency

Petrophas

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello there. Like many of you, I just recently got the 4.4 update and loving it. I also downloaded the Google Experience Launcher so I could get the "OK Google" feature and the transparent top and bottom bars. However, while the home screen has the transparent bars, the lock screen does not. It's the usual black bars as before. Unfortunately, when you unlock the phone, it does not go away in a pretty fashion (like a subtle fade). Is it the same way for Nexus 5? I'm guessing it's just a Nexus 4 issue since GE was not made specifically for our phone.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the inconsistency happens when I switch between launchers. A soft reset bring the transparency back.

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ditto I notice this too especially in apps that I've seen in the nexus 5 transparent like the Google map. Not perfect but I'm OK with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
This is normal behavior for the Nexus 4. You have realize that installing the Google Launcher for the N4 is unofficial and Google never made the launcher for it so why would they bother with making the lockscreen transparent (required modifying the framework).

If you have root you can flash this modification: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2527525

But doing so will make sure future OTA updates will not work, not to mention the root and custom recovery. So I'd say just deal with it.

sent from tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo