Wideband LTE??? for Google Nexus 4

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Does the Nexus 4 have the ability to access wideband LTE?.... Downloading at 150 Mbps would be nuts!

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wideband LTE???

Hello,

If your referring to the mention wide band LTE like T-Mobile and others are rolling out then I'm sorry but I don't believe the Nexus 4 has this radio compatibility.

Like any new radio technology it will have to be built into the devices and can't be turned on by a simple software/firmware upgrade. :(

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does the Nexus 5 have it then?
I know the Nexus 5 is capable of using Sprint's new Spark Tri-Band LTE technology. So given that there is a possibility for other carriers but that would have to be researched for a solid answer.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
all LTE devices can talk to any LTE channel widths, that is a requirement of the LTE specification. the device category limits it to 100 Mbps though (similar to most other LTE devices currently available).

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Even though technically speaking the N4 is an LTE-capable phone, it was never sold or marketed as such, and it was never intended as such, and its LTE capabilities are, to the extent that they exist, very limited.

The Nexus 5 and a lot of other non-GE hardware is fully LTE-capable. If you really want LTE capabilities, that's the direction you should go, not trying to bang your head against the wall for at best comparatively limited capabilities. ;)