Nexus 4 - Won't show correct current location in Earth, Maps. Please help

VeeYes

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am sorry if it is already asked, searched in google and this forum about this issue but couldn't find relevant info. If I am posting in wrong place, please move it appropriate section.

I am using Google(LG) Nexus 4 for last one year. Dont remember exactly but for last 4-5 months I am having issues with GPS ie Google Earth and Maps wont show the correct current location in some areas, it shows correct location in other parts of the city. I assumed it is something to do with cellular/wifi networks but no. Because, it shows exact location with the apps like "Send My Location" and "GPS Status". No matter where I am, these apps show correct current location.

I tried "Compass Calibration, Calibrate pitch and roll, Manage A-GPS state download/reset thru tools section of GPS Status App, but still no use. Google Earth and Maps still wont show correct current location.

Location services with High Accuracy Mode is always enabled.
Dont know what else I could try, anyone have any idea? ever faced such issue? Tried restarting the phone, turning wifi on/off also.

I am having Nexus 7(2012) as well, which works fine, ie shows exact current location whereever I am.

Thanks/Venu

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Chuck it in flight mode and let the GPS work by itself and see if anything pops up nearby.
See if its actually the gps or cellular acting up, my old phone used to the same - sometimes it was 1 block off.

VeeYes

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Tried the following:

1. Put in Airplane mode(GPS is still ON), and opened Earth, click on "My Location" it says "Location unavailable please try again later".

2. Tried Maps: it shows a message "Waiting for location" for few seconds, then nothing happens.

3. Tried "Send my location" and "GPS Status" Apps both says "Looking for GPS Location" forever, wont show the correct location.

Turned off the Airplane Mode(GPS is ON), Wifi and Cellular networks are On

1. Tried Earth: click on "My Location" it says "Location unavailable please try again later"
2. Tried Maps: it shows a message "Waiting for location" for few seconds, then nothing happens.
3. Tried "Send my location" and "GPS Status" Apps both says "Looking for GPS Location", won't show the location.

Restarted the phone, left the airplane mode off, wifi and cellular networks on
1. Earth and Maps show me 0.5 kilometers away
2. Send My Location and GPS Status show correct locations.

Had to restart my phone after turning off the Airplane Mode to make Send My Location and GPS status work.
I feel like they are inconsistent.

Thanks

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I am unable to help, I'm another thread it was fixed by a factory reset.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.