Lollipop breaks Corporate Sync

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my OTA about a week ago. Overall I like it. However there are a few issues you should be aware of before you accept it.

First off. Lollipop broke my corporate sync with my work. That means no email and no calendar on my phone. Granted my work uses Groupwise so that may be the majority of the issue right there. We are migrating to Outlook in a couple weeks so I hope that fixes it.

Second, a lot of apps haven't been updated to support 5.0 yet. That's to be expected. I'm sure most of them will be there in a few weeks.

Third: I had to factory reset about an hour after I got the OTA. Thing were glitch and laggy. I haven't reset in about 9 months so it was overdue anyway. If you are having issues with lag, try resetting. It worked well for me.

Finally, the interface does legitimately take time to get used to. I've had my N4 since February 2013 so there is some muscle memory that needs to be retrained.

All in all, minus breaking corporate sync, I like the update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Misleading thread title. It broke YOUR Groupwise synch but doesn't break Corporate Synch in general. For Exchange synch, there are a slew of security upgrades to respect the Active Synch security model, which is a very good thing. Mine upgraded perfectly FWIW.

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not the only one having issues with corporate sync. A quick Google search find several people having the same issue. With Outlook no less.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if the problem predates 5.0. A couple of days ago, at Google's recommendation, I did a hard reset to fix a screen issue. The tech said it would load 5.0 as part of the reset, but it installed 4.4.4 instead. When I went to set up my corporate account for email, calendar and contacts, it kept asking for a certificate that I don't have and required me to set up a screen lock code, password or pattern. See the screenshot that another user posted at Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Discussion - Pg. 592 | Google Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

My email is hosted with Office 365's Exchange Online. I'm self-employed, so I'm the account's admin, and I couldn't find anything on the Exchange end requiring those things. Thinking it might be a bug, I did a second hard reset, but same result.

After some Web searches, I found a solution: When setting up an Exchange account, don't enter your email address at the beginning. Instead, use your domain name, \ and your user name. For whatever reason, that eliminates the screen-lock and certificate barriers. But it does preserve all of the other IT security stuff that Exchange provides, such as remote lock and wipe.

Hope that helps.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The setup procedure depends on your company's setup... Exchange is a flexible platform and depending on the security and settings they are using, it can vary quite a bit on how you setup your email.

I for one have full Exchange sync working fine on two device with Lollipop, including my Nexus 4, and there are no issues with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa