So press conference or just a press release?

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Who thinks Google will still be holding a press conference on the 31st or they will just do a press release? Do you think invites will be sent out tomorrow considering all the rumors for the 28th? With all these new recent leaks I'm thinking the announcement will be the 31st and released on the 1st.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I think we're giving ourselves a headache trying to figure this out. It'll happen when it happens.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

thehabsonice

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Who thinks Google will still be holding a press conference on the 31st or they will just do a press release? Do you think invites will be sent out tomorrow considering all the rumors for the 28th? With all these new recent leaks I'm thinking the announcement will be the 31st and released on the 1st.

Ya I don't think google will unveil anything publicly. It will all be privately done. And it should be on the 31st!

djstarion

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I would be shocked if there wasn't a press conference. I know the N4 and 4.2 were supposed to be announced at the event that was cancelled due to Sandy, but haven't they always announced new versions of Android at an event? Between the N5, Kit Kat and whatever else there definitely could be something, especially since this is a big enough Android upgrade to warrant a K release.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I have my doubts of this date. I would think IF they are going to do some sort of event with the press then invites would need to be out within the next couple of hours. But this is a holiday that ppl spend with their family/kids so who knows whether they would be willing to do it on Halloween or not. Even if they don't invite press to a live event and streamed it, I would think some sort of announcement of that taking place would need to go out today.

They COULD do it with a press release. Kit Kat doesn't seem like that huge of a deal but still I would think they will have an event explaining what they've done to change Android.

I would be shocked if there wasn't a press conference. I know the N4 and 4.2 were supposed to be announced at the event that was cancelled due to Sandy, but haven't they always announced new versions of Android at an event? Between the N5, Kit Kat and whatever else there definitely could be something, especially since this is a big enough Android upgrade to warrant a K release.

I believe they said on podcast last week that Gingerbread was the last/only version that didn't have an event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez