Any news on the wireless charger availability?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything about it on the Play Store. The new one is supposed to be magnetized like the old Palm Touchstone, so I'm excited about it if it's anything close to the Touchstone. I used to use that in my car and it worked as wireless dock. If the magnet is as strong as that was and doesn't interfere with the GPS, it would be perfect!

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. yeah that's the article I saw as well but haven't seen any info about when it would be available. Guess we'll just have to wait. Maybe there will be some rumors. :)

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Really close to just getting a Nokia charger since this hasn't be released. I just really want the magnets in this one.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We have used this one for a year, It works perfectly. Now, we use thin cases on all our phones, so ours don't slide around.(That's not why we use the cases, just a by product) It works fine with the cover on. I see some folks had complained the N4 slides off. I tried our N4 without the case and couldn't get it to slide. I don't know why they didn't stick a piece of velcro at the bottom of the Qi pad to hold it up, like a little ledge...Anyway the N5 is grippy and shouldn't slide at all.

Not as cool looking as the orb...but cheaper and dual, plus a usb port.

Energizer

Last edited:

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Really close to just getting a Nokia charger since this hasn't be released. I just really want the magnets in this one.

Found the Nokia Fatboy pillow on Ebay for $34 shipped so I grabbed one. I may buy the N5 charger later down the road depending on price.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
the Google specific charging pad with the magnets is not out yet

I've checked daily, but be prepared for a $50 or more cost.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Just a head's up about the Nokia charger (or the Fatboy with Nokia charger within). It only outputs 750mAh. I use mine while charging overnight and don't use daydream. If my battery is completely dead, it'll take a few hours with screen off to fully charge the phone. If you use that charger and have daydream on, your phone will actually be losing its charge (just not as quickly as it normally would). At work, I have the Samsung 2A Qi charger and that is more than sufficient.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i'm really interested in this one. i like official OEM accessories because you know they were made specifically for the product. the Nexus 4 version was $60 so i hope this new one is the same price. it's not cheap but it is reasonable.

nexuscharging01.jpg

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
i'm really interested in this one. i like official OEM accessories because you know they were made specifically for the product. the Nexus 4 version was $60 so i hope this new one is the same price. it's not cheap but it is reasonable.

View attachment 90726

I'm waiting for the Black bumper case and this. I would gladly buy this from the playstore, sure it's pricey but I like that Google stands behind there product for a full year just in case any defects arise. Sure other places do the same but Google's warranty exchange has bee seamless. "knocks on wood"

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
We have used this one for a year, It works perfectly. Now, we use thin cases on all our phones, so ours don't slide around.(That's not why we use the cases, just a by product) It works fine with the cover on. I see some folks had complained the N4 slides off. I tried our N4 without the case and couldn't get it to slide. I don't know why they didn't stick a piece of velcro at the bottom of the Qi pad to hold it up, like a little ledge...Anyway the N5 is grippy and shouldn't slide at all.

Not as cool looking as the orb...but cheaper and dual, plus a usb port.

Energizer

Just for reference, the N5 doesn't slide. It's funny watching the n4's though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non