Google Should Change Their Name To Giggle, Because They Are Having, "The Last Laugh" : (

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Google should change their name to “Giggle” Because They AreHaving “The Last Laugh” : (

I would start off this post with “is it JUST me…” but then I’dprolly get a gazillion posts replies consisting of “its JUST you”…so I won’t go there.. But good gravy, IS it just me or is anyone else so frustrated by the strongarm, greedy and in your face” tactics they have begun to resort to?

That company started out as one of the “coolest”companies ever created, with their “laid back corporate rules and theirattitude of “free lunch for employees, etc…” but these days, they provide theMOST intrusive experience one can have on an Android, no wait, on ANY phone.

I know I prolly spend wayyyy too much time with my phone tobegin with, but it seems that was/is part of their “Master Plan” to get me “hookedon this Android Heroin” and then start to slowly decide for us HOW we use it… Doesanyone else find it as maddening as I do that BEFORE you can utilize any ofAndroid you are constantly barraged by Privacy settings, permissions, updates,constant revisions, unclear instructions, etc etc etc??!!

Android was one of the coolest op systems ever developed,but now it’s a series of them deciding what is best for EVERYONE...Whatever happened to “choice”?

My latest disappointment is with the Nexus 5. It seems with each iteration, its losing its uniqueness and the "design effort” just isn’t there anymore…The HTC Nexus One to me was the start of something “BIG”, but has slowly morphed into something, “MEH”…And thatPlay Store?! Have u ever ordered from it? Or (worse yet) tried to return something to it?! Customer Service NOT the name of their game, for sure…

And don’t even get me started on YouTube, this morning I awoke to find they have removed “the ability to receive & reply to comments on vids with ur INBOX, without searching the planet to track them down, and personally, I just don’t want to expel the energy to go to 5 diff places to view a comment when all it prolly says is “ur video s*cks”…lol

I have been sent to “Google Prison” and I feel like Google’s# 1 B*tch! Anyone else?! Is there a way out of this madness? Suggestions (other than “close ur Giggle account and use Bing”) are welcome!

BTC :'(

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Should Change Their Name To Giggle, Because They Are Having, "The Last Laugh" : (

As for Youtube, they're overhauling the comments to make them use Google+. Started awhile ago, but just yesterday is the big push to get it all moved to that platform (tons of news articles on it all over the tech sites). Which is good, because YouTube the comments section is the equivalent of a backed up sewage pipe flooding your basement.

I had to return the first Chromecast I got to the Play store. Had no issues at all. What kinds of issues did you have?

Also, the HTC One uses Sense (which is a skin on top of Android) while the Nexus 5 actually uses vanilla/stock Android, so I'm not sure about your comment about Android losing it's uniqueness. Maybe you just haven't used stock Android before. But hey, you can customize Android pretty much any way you want (take a look through Beautiful Android Themes, Wallpapers, and Homescreens for options on how to make it look, and options on how to make it function are varied as well).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024