NEXUS 5 Issues so far. . . If anyone could address these, it'd be great!

akmattic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Google Search or the Launcher is not very accurate. . .It doesn't seem to be able to search my music folder; text messages are very difficult to send, simple voice control phrases do not work on my phone even though they used to work very well on other android phones . . . smh

I've had the mobile network go offline several times. I have to keep resetting the connection.

The speaker is painfully too low.

The camera is pretty horrendous compared to an iPhone 4! So much noise and distortion, and it takes forever to set-up. . .

Google Hangouts is a disaster. . . i've switched to textra for ease of use. . .

After having the phone for a few days, I'm not impressed at all. I'll wait for the first few updates but if these issues aren't resolved I'm getting off this phone. . . what a bust. . .

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Search or the Launcher is not very accurate. . .It doesn't seem to be able to search my music folder; text messages are very difficult to send, simple voice control phrases do not work on my phone even though they used to work very well on other android phones . . . smh

I've had the mobile network go offline several times. I have to keep resetting the connection.

The camera is pretty horrendous compared to an iPhone 4! So much noise and distortion, and it takes forever to set-up. . .

After having the phone for a few days, I'm not impressed at all. I'll wait for the first few updates but if these issues aren't resolved I'm getting off this phone. . . what a bust. . .

If your camera isn't as good as an iPhone 4 then your n5 is defective. The camera on the n5 isn't the best available, but it is much better than an iPhone 4.

Hangouts being a disaster is completely your opinion. Many people use it and like having SMS integrated.

Speaker volume is a tad low but leaps and bounds better than the nexus 4 was.

It sounds like this may not be the phone for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

At the very least it sounds like your phone is broken. The Camera thing is not normal...check out the Camera and Video thread and take a look at what the pictures should look like. There should be no noise especially...this is the most noise free camera I have seen so far.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ur-nexus-5-camera-photos-videos-thoughts.html

It does sound like you have a defective unit.

fauxreal

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
speakers are great for me, if you want to be blasting music all time, then get an htc one. the camera is good, great quality, but focus is very slow and true is not as fast as the iphone. seems android phone also has problems with shutter and focus lag.

akmattic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Voice commands are not responsive. Unmet expectations of the Nexus 5. There's much room for improvement, but overall satisfactory for the price point. We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Voice commands are not responsive. Unmet expectations of the Nexus 5. There's much room for improvement, but overall satisfactory for the price point. We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.

You are really satisfied with a broken camera? I wouldn't be. Send it back for a replacement.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
You are really satisfied with a broken camera? I wouldn't be. Send it back for a replacement.

Agreed, something about this "user experience" doesn't sound right. If ANYTHING hardware related is messed it goes back, instantly. Software is something they can fix and as KitKat is so new you can count on them patching some of the bugs being being "overall satisfied" with some broken hardware? I own an iPhone 4 as my previous phone (and I still have it) the Nexus 5 is far superior yes the focus is a little slow but I've read around the web that they will be tweaking the camera software.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
text messages are very difficult to send, simple voice control phrases do not work on my phone even though they used to work very well on other android phones

Indicate the exact steps you are taking to send a text message.

Indicate some of the "voice control phrases" that don't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch