Getting a sim card from sprint

jkarg00

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
To do this would I need the phone in hand? Since they are on back order from google play I was thinking if it was possible to grab one when I order the phone so the sim card is good to go when the phone gets here.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Order the card now from sprint (they are back-ordered). If the phone arrives before the card, then try your luck at getting one from a local Sprint store.

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I did not have mine when I got the Sim. I ordered it from them via online chat. They should have plenty in stores now but I would call first.

It's free unless you order it online and pay the overnight shipping like I did. I had to use mine wifi only for a day but it still made me happy.

Posted via Nexus 5

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
To do this would I need the phone in hand? Since they are on back order from google play I was thinking if it was possible to grab one when I order the phone so the sim card is good to go when the phone gets here.

Check your local Sprint store... Specifically one with a repair facility and hopefully a "Sprint" owned store.. I walked in and out with one without even needing to activate the phone yet... They had a bunch of them sitting around (Lewisville, Texas) and just gave me one at no charge... I'd be amazed if you actually had to ORDER one.. If your waiting on the phone then sure order it through Sprint customer care since your not in a rush until you have the phone...

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
No local Sprint stores in my area have them. and after dealing with Sprint on the phone for over a week regarding this issue, I'm finally done with them. I'm switching carriers.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
No local Sprint stores in my area have them. and after dealing with Sprint on the phone for over a week regarding this issue, I'm finally done with them. I'm switching carriers.

are you going to corporate stores? only the corporate stores have them. Also with my experience alot of them dont know what the SIM card is, since sprint doesnt normally deal with sims. Honestly just walk up and ask for a replacement sim for a s4 or HTC one. they'll hand them over to you easily.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Trying going through the Chat and see if they will have a SIM sent to you. Otherwise, keep trying the local/regional Sprint Stores to see if any of those locations have a SIM card to give you. Keep in mind that only the Corporate Sprint Stores will carry those (from what I was told at a Sprint authorized retailer), so call in advance and ask to have one set aside.

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Chat was worthless and so was their customer service. They finally told me that the reason I haven't received my SIM card was that they were on back order. The thing that pisses me off the most is the lack of training Sprint provides to all their employees. None had a clue as to what the Nexus 5 is. I tried what Brian Low mentioned and asked for a replacement SIM for a HTC One, which they had, but they didn't want to part with the card unless I brought the phone in. I whipped out my Nexus 5 and told the tech that it uses the same micro SIM as the HTC. He argued with me that they were 2 totally different phones, therefore it wouldn't work. I finally talked him into trying it and was finally able to get one. Again, they hire F***ing idiots at these places and provide no training. Since I got the card, I'm sticking with Sprint in the meantime. I'll see how the LTE service is and decide whether I'll stay or not.
So for everyone out there, do exactly as Brian Low stated above, go in and ask for a replacement SIM card for a HTC One and just give them your phone and have they try it to "see if it works".
Good luck, and Brian Low, thank you for the tip.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Chat was worthless and so was their customer service. They finally told me that the reason I haven't received my SIM card was that they were on back order. The thing that pisses me off the most is the lack of training Sprint provides to all their employees. None had a clue as to what the Nexus 5 is. I tried what Brian Low mentioned and asked for a replacement SIM for a HTC One, which they had, but they didn't want to part with the card unless I brought the phone in. I whipped out my Nexus 5 and told the tech that it uses the same micro SIM as the HTC. He argued with me that they were 2 totally different phones, therefore it wouldn't work. I finally talked him into trying it and was finally able to get one. Again, they hire F***ing idiots at these places and provide no training. Since I got the card, I'm sticking with Sprint in the meantime. I'll see how the LTE service is and decide whether I'll stay or not.
So for everyone out there, do exactly as Brian Low stated above, go in and ask for a replacement SIM card for a HTC One and just give them your phone and have they try it to "see if it works".
Good luck, and Brian Low, thank you for the tip.

no probs. luckily for me the guy i talked to at my sprint store actually knew what the nexus 5 was. gave me one and left in about 5 minutes.

jkarg00

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I just tried online chat and they tried telling me it would cost 350$. All I said was I needed a sim card for a nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo