MMS and Straight Talk Cant receive

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried everything. triple verified settings. I was wondering if some one could provide screenshots of a fully functional At&t sim APN settings?

Everything works except I cant receive MMS. If you have one that receives mms please post!
Thank you in advance

macleod52

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Ive tried everything. triple verified settings. I was wondering if some one could provide screenshots of a fully functional At&t sim APN settings?

Everything works except I cant receive MMS. If you have one that receives mms please post!
Thank you in advance

Copied from my e-mail from Straight Talk. Triple check your settings as I had a minor typo that was preventing mine from working correctly.

APN PROGRAMMING FOR MOST PHONE MODELS:

Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) settings, create a new APN with the following values.
1. APN Name: Straight Talk
2. APN: tfdata
3. Port: 80
4. MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
5. MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
6. MMS Port: 80
7. Delete the current APN from your phone.
8. Reboot your phone.
If you need further instructions on how to create the new APN (Data Settings) click here.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I just set up ST with those same settings. MMS works for me. I decided to try T-Mobile, StraightTalk (At&T), and then AT&T. So far ST is better for me than TM in So. Cal.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to have the Google Voice app on your phone? I have the N4 and am on ST-AT&T. When I had the GV app on my phone, MMS wouldn't work, but when I uninstalled it, MMS would work. I still use GV for voicemail, but I just don't use the app.

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to have the Google Voice app on your phone? I have the N4 and am on ST-AT&T. When I had the GV app on my phone, MMS wouldn't work, but when I uninstalled it, MMS would work. I still use GV for voicemail, but I just don't use the app.
Interesting. I'll try removing it. But I only use it for voice mail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

tw33k2514

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Copied from my e-mail from Straight Talk. Triple check your settings as I had a minor typo that was preventing mine from working correctly.

APN PROGRAMMING FOR MOST PHONE MODELS:

Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) settings, create a new APN with the following values.
1.APN Name: Straight Talk
2.APN: tfdata
3.Port: 80
4.MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
5.MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
6.MMS Port: 80
7.Delete the current APN from your phone.
8.Reboot your phone.
If you need further instructions on how to create the new APN (Data Settings) click here.

These are the settings I use on the nexus 5 and MMS works great.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
These are the settings I use on the nexus 5 and MMS works great.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
I can send. Just not receive. And I am a new St customer. Not sure if that has any bearing. I have those settings.
But I would like to see a screen shot of the rest of the settings to see if mine are the same.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can send. Just not receive. And I am a new St customer. Not sure if that has any bearing. I have those settings.
But I would like to see a screen shot of the rest of the settings to see if mine are the same.

I just set up a friends Nexus 5 on straight talk AT&T and using above settings all works great.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue on Metro PCS. But, I think it is the network issue and want to talk to them about it since when I put my Nexus 5 on as a GSM device that is really on T-Mobile networks since Metro is still CDMA. I have flipped form Textra, 8SMS and back to Hangout trying to get pictures texted to me which is MMS.

jctejera

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am have a new Galaxy Note 3 factory unlocked with Straight Talk. I can't receive mms with a new sim card. I have tried several APN settings. I need help!!

tonystewart

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I used the Straight Talk APN Settings with ATT Sim, 5 days later it worked, the same time as I received an email confirming the setup for auto-refill was verified.
Patience seems to have cured the problem.

cathy40m

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone. sorry im new to this but anyways i have a HTC Droid DNA 4G and im using Straight Talk and everything works but sending or receving mms. Can anyone help me to fix it. thank you Cathy

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Buy a new sim. It's that simple. Anyone who uses straight talk should just buy 2 Sims. Activate with the first one. Then... Transfer over to the 2nd one.