Batter - Bad LTE Connection

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I've finally realized that when I'm at work, I have really bad cell reception and that is killing my battery. Ideally, I would like to leave my cell connection on, but change it from LTE preferred to 2G/3G. Seems like it should be easy to trigger as my phone automatically connects to my work WIFI. I've downloaded a couple of automating apps and see options to turn mobile data off, but that isn't what I think I want. Any suggestions on how to do what I'm trying to do? Or perhaps what I'm trying to do isn't even worth doing?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I've finally realized that when I'm at work, I have really bad cell reception and that is killing my battery. Ideally, I would like to leave my cell connection on, but change it from LTE preferred to 2G/3G. Seems like it should be easy to trigger as my phone automatically connects to my work WIFI. I've downloaded a couple of automating apps and see options to turn mobile data off, but that isn't what I think I want. Any suggestions on how to do what I'm trying to do? Or perhaps what I'm trying to do isn't even worth doing?
Easy fix :)
Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and select the option without LTE

Last edited:

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm wanting to automate this so that it turns LTE off whenever I'm at work. But if I'm at home, or running errands, LTE would stay on. I can change the setting manually, but would love to figure out a way to have it automatically change.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I know you could set it up with some Tasker profiles but I wouldn't be able to tell you how to do it :\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty