Nexus 5: Ok Google not working?

Zorka Kovacevich

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ok Google not working!

Thanks B. Diddy:

Yes, it is frustrating that suddenly Google Keep simply does not work. Ditto for Ok Google. 99% of everything I had stored in Keep disappeared into thin air. And everything in Archives disappeared altogether. Yes, I tried everything to contact Google directly without any results. Also tried using Keep directly via Web instead of through the App. Nothing. In fact, I just checked both access points and nothing has changed. The version on the Web is even worse, it shows only one of my Notes.

Forgive me for venting about Google. I assure you that I'm a huge fan and appreciate all they've built and given to Internet users. Still, when this type of breakdown happens not once in a span of less than two weeks, but twice I can't help but feel they're overwhelmed and maybe have grown too big to manage their tech properly.

And, you're right Google's record in the past with customer communications used to be pretty poor, but seems in recent times that response has been exceptionally timely to all my issues so in a way I've forgotten that getting attention from them may be actually a hit or miss thing.

Oh well... we move on. Thanks again for trying to help. Zorka

Zorka Kovacevich

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ok Google not working?

Thanks liv4speed.aniket. Checked it and verified it was setup as always to US English language. Actually, come to think of it, if it hadn't been it would have affected my usage and I only work in the English language.
It was nice to have while it lasted. Zorka

Marian Stasney

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

I do not have Chrome Beta installed and never have to my knowledge (who knows what Google does when we are asleep?) and my language has always been set to English US. But still, OK Google no longer works on my new Nexus 5. I do not plan to root administer, bootcamp or any other complex network admin's tricks to get my smart phone to work as intended. Nor can I find an app called "Google Now" or "OK Google" or any settings that refer to a hotword; Any other ideas?

Zorka Kovacevich

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

OK Google is kind of working again. Noticed that the mic icon was back next to search box. It still doesn't respond to "OK Google", but if I click on the mic I can use voice search. So that's not too bad. Google should actually leave it this way because having too say "OK Google" sort felt like to much to have to say.

I do want to mention that I didn't really realize that this was still in beta... so it makes sense why there would be a disruption in service.

brodieb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Google voice search just stopped working on my N5. When I say OK Google or tap the mic it makes an odd sound and does not recognize my input. It is working on my Nexus 7.

Posted via Android Central App

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Is anybody having issues with the talk-back function of Google Now? Overall, it is working for me (ie, when I say "OK Google" the search comes up and I'm able to give a command), but after I give the command, I used to get the talk back. Like, for instance, if I wanted to send a text to someone I'd say "OK Google, send a message to [Contact]," then Google would ask me "What's the message?" and so on. But now, when I say that, it says on the screen "What's the message?" and I can dictate and still send. So everything works as far as the process, but there's no voice interaction.

Similarly, when I do a voice search, there's no voice response for that either. For instance, it used to be that you could ask "what does the fox say" and she'd respond with whatever. I did this yesterday, and there was just a list of links for the "what does the fox say" music video.

Has anybody else seen this? At first, I thought maybe it was a bluetooth thing, where the voice response was playing through my bluetooth headset rather than the phone, but I've tried it with bluetooth off and no dice. I've also made sure the app volume is turned all the way up. Let me know if there's anything else I'm missing.

gcscoop

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Google pulled "ok Google" from all but the Nexus 5 and Moto x and 1 other, claiming it was not used enough. Nice Move Google :'(

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

It's working fine on my two year old phone... :shrug: Where did you hear this?

Posted via my HTC One S using the Android Central App

Shreyas Jadhav

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello I bought My Nexus 5 Last Month and was using Ok Google Voice Command . But After a few weeks after the recent updates of 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 ok google voice command dosent work . I went to settings and i found that the settingstab have dissapeared from my cell phone ..Google Now Settings > Voice . I cannot find any setting to on the voice command . All i can see here is Language , Speech Out Put , Block Offensive Words , Offline Speech Recognition and Bluetooth Head Set. I want the Ok Google Voice Command Back Please Help ... !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38