KitKat stock Launcher or other Launcher?

Aj Irawan

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So, as the title stands. Just got my N5 for couple weeks since I lost my S4. I've used nova Launcher on my S4 and loved it(and the fact that I hated TW) . Now with the KitKat stock Launcher features and all, I wanna know what you guys prefer as your Launcher. Your custom or pure KitKat?

Posted via Android Central App

Daden04

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Still running stock on mine. I've played with other launchers and can't get into them just yet. Probably out of pure laziness but I haven't wanted to tinker with any of their options yet as I really just like stock KitKat

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Stock is great but I like display clean and love the gestures Nova Prime gives me.

I have Two Finger Counter Clockwise gesture that brings me back to stock so I can use, "Okay Google."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Stock for me. At first I wasn't crazy about the default size of the icons, but they have quickly became normal-looking to me.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
On my LG G2 stock AT&T I use Holo Launcher HD. Still on Jelly Bean, waiting for Kit Kat update via OTA. Go to Google Play Store and check out free versions launchers; ADW, Appex, Rocket, Zeam, Next. I like vertical movement at the apps drawer and on my formers and current android phones the stock launchers only have horizontal movement at apps drawer.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I like the stock launcher but do switch to action launcher and nova. I like the ability to change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using stock launcher at the moment. I'm fairly new (as in haven't been with Android in a very long time) so I decided to make sure to get used to stock first before running into the custom launchers.

Aj Irawan

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Stock is great but I like display clean and love the gestures Nova Prime gives me.

I have Two Finger Counter Clockwise gesture that brings me back to stock so I can use, "Okay Google."

That's a smart way to use gesture, never thought about that tx!

Aj Irawan

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
But nonetheless, having N5 in my hand I just feel the necessity to use KitKat stock Launcher itself coz after all that's the reason we got this phone from the get go (pure android experience)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nova - it is critical that i remove that persistent search bar and free up that screen real estate.

I'm curious--does Nova emulate the KitKat launcher in appearance now, or is that still only the beta release?

danjash

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
-- disclosure: I work in a startup that owns a launcher --

as part of my job i have tried most launchers + kitkat + any vanilla, and i know i am super biased but these days i can't last even one day with something that is not our launcher.
and (secret) it will soon be out of beta and will become super contextual, if that the kind of thing you are into (aviate and such).

:confused:

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The one great thing about alternate launchers like Nova is that they add tabs on the app drawer so you can organize your drawer better. For instance, I have a tab for just games on mine to keep them sorted from my other apps. In all other aspects I pretty much keep my phone looking like the stock launcher (which is pretty good imo) but even if you don't want some of the eye candy and stuff the other options bring, tabs in the app drawer is a killer feature for me.

Goodfella1978

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Action Launcher for me! As much as I love stock KitKat launcher, AL just feels like it makes everything more efficient, finding apps etc. And their 'covers' are such a clever feature!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using the stock launcher since release. Don't have needed want to switch back to Nova at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I love Aviate. It's simple, it works, it gives me what I need when I need it. I went back to the stock launcher for a few days but it's too easy for it to become a cluttered mess. Aviate FTW

Nexus 5 4.4.2
Got sideload?