Beyondpod podcasts in Google Play Music

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Beyondpod to download and listen to audio/video podcasts on the Nexus 5. Why do they also show up in Play Music with the music downloads and cloud streams? I'd rather keep my music and spoken podcasts separate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Beyondpod to download and listen to audio/video podcasts on the Nexus 5. Why do they also show up in Play Music with the music downloads and cloud streams? I'd rather keep my music and spoken podcasts separate.

Likely because BeyondPod may not be hiding the directory they're storing the podcasts in.

I don't believe this happens with Pocket Casts.

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

You can prevent this from occurring by either changing your settings in BeyondPod or by following the steps at Podcasts showing up in Google Music regarding adding a .nomedia file in the appropriate folder(s) on your phone where podcasts are being downloaded to. This should correct the issue for you.

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You can prevent this from occurring by either changing your settings in BeyondPod or by following the steps at Podcasts showing up in Google Music regarding adding a .nomedia file in the appropriate folder(s) on your phone where podcasts are being downloaded to. This should correct the issue for you.

Fixed! Changed "Settings", "Playlist and Widget Settings" by unchecking "Episodes Visible in Music Play..."

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Likely because BeyondPod may not be hiding the directory they're storing the podcasts in.

I don't believe this happens with Pocket Casts.

Actually, I do see my Podcasts downloaded w/ PocketCasts in Play Music. I didn't mess with any settings, though. There probably is a setting to change it.

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I do see my Podcasts downloaded w/ PocketCasts in Play Music. I didn't mess with any settings, though. There probably is a setting to change it.

Yes there is. See my previous post for the setting change to fix it.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is. See my previous post for the setting change to fix it.

Yeah, I noticed that, but I don't mind it being in there since I rarely use Play Music on my phone =\

The settings are different for PocketCasts, though, but it's unchecked by default (meaning it shouldn't show up in Play Music).

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that, but I don't mind it being in there since I rarely use Play Music on my phone =\

The settings are different for PocketCasts, though, but it's unchecked by default (meaning it shouldn't show up in Play Music).

Glad unchecking got my podcasts out, cuz I use my Play Music library with the car stereo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer