weird 4G behavior

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
when i enable my 4G, i get the feeling that the phone loses connection longer and more often...
i'll explain :
when i limit my phone to 3G, when no 3G is available, i go instantly from 3G to edge... and almost never get with no data at all...
however, with 4G enabled, when there's some 4g, i see i got some, but if i move to a place where there's none, the phone has no data for like 30 sec before enabling 3G...
and same goes for when the screen is off... i turn screen on, and then i'm with no data, have to wait like 30 sec and only then i get data...
is this a normal behaviour ?

thanks

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
when i enable my 4G, i get the feeling that the phone loses connection longer and more often...
i'll explain :
when i limit my phone to 3G, when no 3G is available, i go instantly from 3G to edge... and almost never get with no data at all...
however, with 4G enabled, when there's some 4g, i see i got some, but if i move to a place where there's none, the phone has no data for like 30 sec before enabling 3G...
and same goes for when the screen is off... i turn screen on, and then i'm with no data, have to wait like 30 sec and only then i get data...
is this a normal behaviour ?

thanks

Yes, it is a normal behavior because all this time you device also need to identify what needs to be done.... look from your point of view its just a click but again in system there are thousands of process running !! So, don't think more about it as it is completely normal process.

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
ok i guess i'll just disable 4G then, because having to wait 30sec when turning the phone on, is a bit long...

thanks