Nexus 5 slowing down

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. When I originally bench marked my phone it was at 25000 according to antutu but now I'm at 19000 less than a month of having the phone. I don't have much on the phone. Widgetsoid, battery guru, weather widget is about the only things running all the time. Any suggestions ?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: nexus 5 slowing down

Has it really started slowing down? Do you notice it during normal use? Quit running antutu ;)

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

To say it's slow is a lie but it's a tad but slower after only a month of use. I switched to ART to help a little. Is there something to maintain an android phone. I came from an iPhone so I'm new to the android life

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

If you see a slowdown with the device then take a look at what you have installed and running. You can try a few things:

Reboot to see if there is anything causing a slowdown that needs to be cleared.

Uninstall apps and services you don't need and are always running.

Factory reset.

Also, have you installed a battery saver app or something similar, such as a task manager? This are things that often cause more problems than good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I installed battery guru which is snap dragons battery saving app for snap dragon services

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

When I used the Antutu app, my phone scored from the low teens (in thousands) to something like 23,000. It depends on how much ram is in use when you do the tests. After rebooting I got a higher score.

Is your phone that much noticeably slower?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

To say it's slow is a lie but it's a tad but slower after only a month of use. I switched to ART to help a little. Is there something to maintain an android phone. I came from an iPhone so I'm new to the android life

Welcome to the Android side! I am looking forward to when ART is standard and out of *test* mode.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
When I used the Antutu app, my phone scored from the low teens (in thousands) to something like 23,000. It depends on how much ram is in use when you do the tests. After rebooting I got a higher score.

Is your phone that much noticeably slower?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Also the temperature will affect things, as it could start throttling during the test which will affect the results.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

I installed battery guru which is snap dragons battery saving app for snap dragon services

I'm on about week 2 of testing this app myself. Not sure I'm finding it to be of any use. Definitely haven't noticed any better battery life (and I check up on how my battery is being used often). Will likely delete within a week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non