Need help to new Nexus 5 user

Simonna

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,please don't get angry but how to install APK files from computer placed on "Downloads" folder,because as I heard Nexus doesn't have file explorer included,and "Downloads" native app shows "no Items" also tried to search using google now for my placed APK files on phone internal sotrage didn't found it,because it's probably should be installed but I don't know how to install APK files without files explorer (and can't download it from Google Play Store,because my sim-card doesn't work,probably it's broken) so anyone know any alternative way how to install APK files on absolutely stock Nexus 5 Rom without files explorer? :)

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,please don't get angry but how to install APK files from computer placed on "Downloads" folder,because as I heard Nexus doesn't have file explorer included,and "Downloads" native app shows "no Items" also tried to search using google now for my placed APK files on phone internal sotrage didn't found it,because it's probably should be installed but I don't know how to install APK files without files explorer (and can't download it from Google Play Store,because my sim-card doesn't work,probably it's broken) so anyone know any alternative way how to install APK files on absolutely stock Nexus 5 Rom without files explorer? :)
Downloads should show you apks too.
If you have WiFi Access, you can access the play store (don't need a SIM for it) - so you should be able to install file explorer or other apps.
(if you don't have WiFi access, and your SIM doesn't work, how are you downloading APKs?)

Simonna

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your answer,found another way to install APK files from my PC to phone: downloaded "Wondershare Mobilego for android" and installed my APK files using this app,so now finally I have Solid Explorer and I can now install any APK without any hassle. :D

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Install ES File Explorer, it gives you access to the local file system, your LAN (SAMBA exports), cloud storage, FTP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you transfer a file to the Downloads folder from the computer, it may be that the Downloads app won't see it, since it's designed to keep track of files that have actually been downloaded to that folder (by way of the Download Manager), rather than copied there. You can encounter similar issues if you download something, then later delete it using some other method besides the Downloads app (e.g., using a 3rd party file manager to delete the file). After deleting the file that way, you might still see it listed in the Downloads app, but if you tap it, you'll get an error since the file no longer exists.

It's a good idea to install a 3rd party file manager on a Nexus device, like ES File Explorer as mentioned above, or Total Commander. When you transfer files from the computer to the device, you can then use any accessible folder, or create your own, instead of relying on the Downloads folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty