Visual Voicemail for Nexus 5 on T-Mobile

takpro

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a visual voicemail app that will work on the Nexus 5 on T-Mo. They have one that works on my wife's N4, but they do not have one for N5 that I can find, in the play store.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Visual Voicemail for Nexus 5 on T-Mo

Does anyone know of a visual voicemail app that will work on the Nexus 5 on T-Mo. They have one that works on my wife's N4, but they do not have one for N5 that I can find, in the play store.:(

Apparently it is not compatible with kit kat yet, so until Tmobile makes an update for it (probably wont happen for a while) we will just have to wait for it. You can download old version apks from the internet but idk how it would act with kit kat. And you could always trick the play store into thinking you have a phone that is compatible with it but you'd have to have the know how to do it safely.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

This has been discussed in multiple other threads. The .apk from xda works just fine with KitKat. No reason not to download it IMO.

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Correct. The .apk works. I am running T-Mobile VVM on my T-Mobile N5 (stock) right now.

thefishhawk

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Is there any advantage to using the t mobile app versus any of the others? (YouMail, etc)

Posted via Android Central App

takpro

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

That may be true, but I did search before posting and nothing came up. Thank you for the information, I'll check it out. But chances are, if I can't get it from GP, I may not know what to do with it. Not that advanced, yet.

takpro

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

A BIG thank you to everyone. It is working. I used the download and some additional instructions contained in the thread and it's working great. Plus, I acquired a new skill. :)

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Little late to the game it looks like, but Google Voice Lite is a great alternative as well.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Is there any advantage to using the t mobile app versus any of the others? (YouMail, etc)

Posted via Android Central App

Well first off, if you're on prepaid you can just throw everything out the window, because most prepaids dont allow call forwarding which youmail depends on. But other than that not really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty