Visual Voicemail stopped working about 6 months ago

csdude55

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S22 with T-Mobile. It was Sprint until they merged with T-Mobile in 2021.

I don't get many calls, but I've had a few recently that left a voicemail and I had no idea. No notification or anything, so it was just by luck that I found them.

I have Visual Voicemail installed, and the last time it shows a voicemail was Sept 6, 2022.

I opened my regular phone app and went to Settings > Voicemail. I only have 3 options here: Service provider, Voicemail number, and Notifications; nothing about Visual Voicemail. Notifications says "Alert: Default notification sound (Spaceline); Vibration: OFF".

I clicked on Notifications, and "Allow notifications" is on but sort of translucent looking and I can't turn it off. "Alert" and "Show as pop-up" are the same way: on, but translucent and I can't toggle them.

Then I went to the phone's Settings > Notifications > App notifications, and here I see two listings for "Visual Voicemail". One has a green icon (I Googled, it's the "Visual Voicemail for Android"), the other is red ("Visual Voicemail for T-Mobile"). Both are turned on.

I don't see any relevant settings under Visual Voicemail.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Unlocked Pixels by far have the best vvm... it's built into the phone dialer app with it's own tab at the bottom, and if you get vvm through your carrier it gives you text translation of the voicemail as well as the recordings... plus they're incredibly easy to save directly in the dialer app. When I switched my AT&T sim to my Samsung Z Flip 3, the phone installed the generic green Samsung vvm which gives no text translation, and is a completely separate app I have to access for my vvm recordings. Not near as full featured or handy, and I believe it's lacking the ability to automatically filter out spam messages as well.

That's one of my biggest issues with my Samsung.... that and the fact that I miss the pixel outstanding automatic call screening feature... which is incredibly useful once you get spoiled by using it 👍 It's super accurate, and cuts my spam calls down to pretty much zero 😉

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unlocked Pixels by far have the best vvm... it's built into the phone dialer app with it's own tab at the bottom, and if you get vvm through your carrier it gives you text translation of the voicemail as well as the recordings... plus they're incredibly easy to save directly in the dialer app. When I switched my AT&T sim to my Samsung Z Flip 3, the phone installed the generic green Samsung vvm which gives no text translation, and is a completely separate app I have to access for my vvm recordings. Not near as full featured or handy, and I believe it's lacking the ability to automatically filter out spam messages as well.

That's one of my biggest issues with my Samsung.... that and the fact that I miss the pixel outstanding automatic call screening feature... which is incredibly useful once you get spoiled by using it It's super accurate, and cuts my spam calls down to pretty much zero
I think pixels and iPhone have the better visual voicemail that I have used