Xperia z1 > Nexus 5 a step down?

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Last week i was tossing up on getting the nexus 5 but for some idiotic reason i got the sony xperia z1. There is nothing wrong with this phone, i just have a little buyers remorse and wish I had gotten the N5.

So now I'm thinking of selling the z1 on ebay and getting the N5. Do you guys think that this is a step down in phones and thus a stupid thing to do?

The Z1 is still running jellybean hear in Australia. And while the camera is a 20mp camera (i think?), you can't get this result unless you use the camera in manual mode and not auto mode. That is not a quick thing, and auto mode is pretty crappy.

Would love to hear your opinions.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The N5 is a great phone, but I think you would be moving sideways instead of up or down.

+1 It would be like getting an HTC One over the N5. Both are great phones and have strength and weaknesses the other doesn't. I think it's great that the N5 was released 4 or 5 months ago and it has the same hardware as flagship phones being released in a few months (S5).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It all comes down to personal preference. Vanilla Android vs Sony UI. Are the added features/better specs of the Sony greater than the value of the vanilla android?

To me vanilla android wins out.

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Well to be honest I don't think I use any of the Sony features except their battery saving options! I don't use their music player or gallery apps but I think you are talking more about settings?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Well to be honest I don't think I use any of the Sony features except their battery saving options! I don't use their music player or gallery apps but I think you are talking more about settings?

I really don't know much about the sony but does it have a better camera and/or battery life? Stuff like that is what I'm talking about. Along with the Sony skin for android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it's a matter of personal preference. The Z1 is without doubt an excellent phone, but if you prefer stock vanilla Android (with the Google Now Launcher, which is pretty sweet) and very timely updates from the mothership, then the N5 will be an equally excellent replacement. I've also heard that the Z1's preinstalled screen protector leaves something to be desired. Regarding the camera, I think the N5's camera is pretty good, especially in HDR+ mode.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa