Titanium Backups --> APK

Pro Vickers

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, here's the deal...
When I was running dalvik i used to back up my apps using titanium backup. Long story short, I'm now running ART and I'm getting an issue with installing Nova launcher back onto my phone from the play store. I have my Nova zip file on my computer, but I want to make the zip file an APK so i can put it on my Nexus and install it. I need to do it this way because I'm on ART, so I can't use TiBu to restore the file. Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, excuse me if I'm wrong here.. Can't you just redownload it directly from Google Play? There is the free version of Nova and the paid Prime addon version.

Only reason I could see using a backup of Nova is for your launcher settings. You might be able to pull that portion " the settings backup" out of the zip file to restore/copy over to your device once you have Nova up and running.

Edit/Update: Opps just re read your post.. Don't understand why you would be having issues redownloading it from Google Play. Is this just specific to Nova or is this happening with anything you try to install from Google Play?

Pro Vickers

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, excuse me if I'm wrong here.. Can't you just redownload it directly from Google Play? There is the free version of Nova and the paid Prime addon version.

Only reason I could see using a backup of Nova is for your launcher settings. You might be able to pull that portion " the settings backup" out of the zip file to restore/copy over to your device once you have Nova up and running.

Edit/Update: Opps just re read your post.. Don't understand why you would be having issues redownloading it from Google Play. Is this just specific to Nova or is this happening with anything you try to install from Google Play?

Specific to Nova, I get an error -24 when it tries installing the app... I've asked on other forums about this, but nothing worked. This is my 2nd attempt at trying to get Nova back running in my nexus before factory reset :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Long shot but could it be something specific to you running ART and Nova? Might be worth contacting the developer for Nova and see what they have to say.