Question Unable to uninstall an apk

dubser

Dec 21, 2023
Visit site
I'm talking about Android 8.0 running on a Motorola e5Play.

Some times ago I experiment with MIT Ai2 and I develop a test
.apk. I Install this apk on my cell. Since than i've been unable to
remove/uninstall this akp from my phone. Setting>app>Theapp not showing
Uninstall button. The apk seems to be seen as a preinstalled app not removable.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Serge

SoftOnTop

Dec 30, 2023
Visit site
I'm talking about Android 8.0 running on a Motorola e5Play.

Some times ago I experiment with MIT Ai2 and I develop a test
.apk. I Install this apk on my cell. Since than i've been unable to
remove/uninstall this akp from my phone. Setting>app>Theapp not showing
Uninstall button. The apk seems to be seen as a preinstalled app not removable.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Serge
It looks like the. Apk you made and put on your Motorola E5 Play is acting like it's part of the phone's original software, which is why you can't remove it the normal way. But here's an easy way you can try to get rid of it:

1. Go to your phone's main screen where all the apps are showing.
2. Look for your test app, the one you made.
3. Press and hold the app's icon. After a short time, you might see some options pop up.
4. If you see an "Uninstall" or a trash can icon, press it. This should remove the app from your phone.

If that doesn't work, here's another way using special settings for developers:

1. First, you need to make sure you can access developer settings. Go to "Settings," then "About phone."
2. Find something that says "Build number." Tap on it lots of times quickly until it tells you that "You are now a developer!"
3. Go back to the main "Settings" menu. You should see a new option called "Developer options." Click on this.
4. Inside "Developer options," look for something called "USB debugging" and turn it on.
5. Now you need to connect your phone to a computer using a USB.
6. You'll need a program on your computer called "Android Debug Bridge" or ADB for short. This lets your computer talk to your phone.
7. When you have ADB ready, open a place where you can type commands (it's often called "Command Prompt" or "Terminal").
8. Type in "adb devices" to make sure your phone is talking to your computer.
9. If you see your phone's name or some numbers, type "adb shell."
10. After that, type "pm list packages" to see all apps on your phone. Look for the name of your test app.
11. When you find it, type "pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of your package>" (replace "<name of your package>" with the actual name of your app).
12. If everything goes right, it should say "Success," and that means your test app is gone!

Remember, messing with developer settings and ADB is powerful and can change a lot on your phone. Be careful and only use them if you know what you're doing. If you're not sure, it might be better to ask someone who knows about this stuff, or even take your phone to a professional who can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

dubser

Dec 21, 2023
Visit site
It looks like the. Apk you made and put on your Motorola E5 Play is acting like it's part of the phone's original software, which is why you can't remove it the normal way. But here's an easy way you can try to get rid of it:

3. Press and hold the app's icon. After a short time, you might see some options pop up.
4. If you see an "Uninstall" or a trash can icon, press it. This should remove the app from your phone.

1. First, you need to make sure you can access developer settings. Go to "Settings," then "About phone."
2. Find something that says "Build number." Tap on it lots of times quickly until it tells you that "You are now a developer!"
3. Go back to the main "Settings" menu. You should see a new option called "Developer options." Click on this.
4. Inside "Developer options," look for something called "USB debugging" and turn it on.
6. You'll need a program on your computer called "Android Debug Bridge" or ADB for short. This lets your computer talk to your phone.
7. When you have ADB ready, open a place where you can type commands (it's often called "Command Prompt" or "Terminal").
10. After that, type "pm list packages" to see all apps on your phone. Look for the name of your test app.
11. When you find it, type "pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of your package>" (replace "<name of your package>" with the actual name of your app).
12. If everything goes right, it should say "Success," and that means your test app is gone!

Remember, messing with developer settings and ADB is powerful and can change a lot on your phone. Be careful and only use them if you know what you're doing. If you're not sure, it might be better to ask someone who knows about this stuff, or even take your phone to a professional who can help you.

Thanks a lot for your very detailed procedure. As you can see on the attached screenshot the name for my offending application is CQATest.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. As you see on the attached Screenshots the offending app name is CQATest. Using ADB "pm list packages" do not show such application .

Any more help ?

Serge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217-134057.png
    Screenshot_20240217-134057.png
    74 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240129-173608.png
    Screenshot_20240129-173608.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator: