Nexus 5: Google Now weather results

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I am running a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 stock. I have Google Search version 3.4.16.1149292. The attached image shows the result I get when I either click on my weather card or say weather. The problem is it has different icons but most importantly the card is not interactive, i.e. I can't look at hourly weather. If I ask for the weather of a different city it works fine ("What is the weather in [neighboring city], although not if I search for the weather of the city I am in ("What is the weather in [my city]?").

I don't believe any update has changed this as it just happened in the last day or so. I've seen other people ask this in other places but not with the same icons as I am getting and no one got an answer. I have no other weather app installed and I have tried clearing the cache. I have also tried turning off location settings and that has no effect either except then I get no weather results if I tap on the weather card and the same results in the image if i say "weather." Thanks.

Screenshot_2014-05-17-05-56-01.jpg

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Let me be clear. This is not what I want. This is a bug I believe, since it only applies to the city I am in. I am not wanting a widget to make it work for me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Those are pretty odd-looking icons, and definitely not the Google Now ones. Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Google Search, and clear cache and data. You'll probably have to set up Google Now again, but then see if the weather card is different.

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I should've also said that my wife and I got 2 neuxs 5's at the same time and her's does that exact same thing. I have a hunch it has to do with our specific city but that seems strange also. Although it didn't used to do this since Google Now came out; I originally had a Galaxy Nexus.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. I see now that the issue is when you actually do a Google search (sorry, I thought at first that the problem was with the Google Now card). Try going to Google.com on your desktop browser, search for your local weather, then click on the gear icon at the upper right and click on Advanced Search. Is the the field for "site or domain" filled in or blank? I wonder if it's defaulting to search a certain doman.

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. "site or domain" is blank. But interestingly, when I search for "[my city] weather" in desktop google search I get the results in the attached image. If I search for a neighboring city, even one that is 10 miles or less away (I live in a rural area) I get the normal search result card with hourly, present temp, prec., hum., etc. This makes me wonder more about my specific location settings or my city.

Google Search desktop.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Can you tell me what city you're searching, or PM it to me if you don't want to make it public? I can see if I get the same results as well.

May 22, 2012
Visit site
That is weird, at least it eliminates a problem with my phone or account. Thanks for the assistance. It worked fine even 2 or 3 days ago and since google now came out. Strange.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non