Will you jump from the Nexus 5 to the Nexus 6 (X) or will you stay?

Will you jump to the Nexus 6 from the Nexus 5?

• Total voters

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 5 a few months ago- 4 months, to be exact. It's too soon to switch phones. If the Nexus 6 is really 6 inches, I'd never consider switching. The Nexus 5 is already my limit for the size of my phone. If that changes, maybe I'll get whatever they release next year.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I was going to upgrade from my rooted Nexus 4 to the 5, but I want to see what Google offers this month and next. I'm like a lot of people that don't want anything larger than a 5" screen. I really want something with a kick *** camera like the galaxy S5.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm still more than happy with my nexus 5. The screen on this thing still amazes me and once android L is available it will feel like a new device with the new material design throughout. Having said that I will be interested in a new nexus either way but not sure a 5.9" display is the way to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
If it were a 5" phone, yes, I would consider it. But I am fairly sure I don't want a 6" "phone". I want SIZE CHOICE when it comes to the Nexus.

Besides, my Nexus 5 is only 8 months old and it works great. The ONLY two things I dislike about it are the side power button and the relatively small battery. (Usually I have a list a mile long of the things I dislike in a device).

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I love the Nexus 5 and the size is perfect for me. 5.9 inch is just too big for me to haul around.

Ditto... Don't want any phone that big.

The only reason I have to upgrade from my Nexus 5 is when they come out with a similar phone that supports T-Mobile new 700MHz Band 12 A-Block spectrum.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My 5 is only a couple of months old, so no. I can't judge the size till I hold one, but I'm really happy where I'm at and looking forward to what L will bring.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I got an invite for the OnePlus, so I brought it and tried it out for awhile. I kept switching between my Nexus 5 and OPO. I ended up selling the OPO and sticking with my N5. I have and love wireless charging and the N5 battery is not as good as the OPO but I still make through the day. I am sure I will do the same with the N6(X). I will keep both and make a decision. I imagine that the N6(X) is not too much larger than the OPO and if that is the case it will be my next.

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm very happy with my N5. I've used it for 4 or 5 mos and with Carbon ROM, ElementalX and Android L theme throughout, the phone is perfect. Great battery life and needed features. There's no need to switch.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I also was offered an invite for the OPO today, I don't want to throw $400 away, it is a good price for a 64Gb phone,but being a N5 user, I am guessing it wasn't worth spending $400.
I heard OPO support is non-existent, did you deal with them at all, if so, what is your opinion.

Thanks.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I also was offered an invite for the OPO today, I don't want to throw $400 away, it is a good price for a 64Gb phone,but being a N5 user, I am guessing it wasn't worth spending $400.
I heard OPO support is non-existent, did you deal with them at all, if so, what is your opinion.

Thanks.

Do not get me wrong the OPO is a great phone, I emailed tech support twice and both times it took longer than a week to reply. So I did not have a great customer service experience.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
If all I had to think about was whether or not to replace my Nexus 5, I would say no. I got the Nexus 5 on day 1, but it is still working great, and 6" is larger than what is my preference. But...my wife is using my old Nexus 4 (just like she used my old Galaxy Nexus, just like she used my old Nexus S), and it is on its last legs (has replacement screen which isn't that responsive, buttons no longer work correctly, battery life really short, etc) and she was really looking forward to getting my Nexus 5 when I purchased the Nexus 6 back when I thought it was just a normal step up from the Nexus 5 and not a phablet. I really hope that there is also an "upgraded" Nexus 5, or at least the Nexus 5 remains on sale once the Nexus 6 is released so I'd have the option to buy another one once I know exactly what the Nexus 6 has to offer.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Now that I broke my N5 I am torn between the N6 and going back to an iPhone 6 plus. I guess i will see how the battery and camera does on the n6. If the battery is anywhere near the iphone 6 plus then ill get the n6. If not, i might go back to iphone :(

I would have kept my nexus had I not cracked the screen.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Now that we know the specs for the new Nexus 6(X), will you make the jump or is the size and specs enough for you to stay with the Nexus 5?

If Google thinks it's a good idea to come out with a Nexus phone that's bigger, then I would at least try it out in person to give it a fair chance.

It's fine if some people think it's too big. There's nothing wrong with that. It just means that there will be fewer people ordering on launch day. There will be more Nexus phones available for the rest of us. ;)

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a used N5 today and will most likely get Monday. It'll be my first Nexus 5 and I'll most likely only use it until the nexus 6 comes out. I switch phones so much that the N5 is just a stop gap until the N6 comes out.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
If Google thinks it's a good idea to come out with a Nexus phone that's bigger, then I would at least try it out in person to give it a fair chance.

It's fine if some people think it's too big. There's nothing wrong with that. It just means that there will be fewer people ordering on launch day. There will be more Nexus phones available for the rest of us. ;)

Do you not have your own thoughts and opinions?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a used N5 today and will most likely get Monday. It'll be my first Nexus 5 and I'll most likely only use it until the nexus 6 comes out. I switch phones so much that the N5 is just a stop gap until the N6 comes out.

So you'll use the N5 for two or three days? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress