Am I the only one experiencing bad WiFi and worst battery life post #lollipop update #nexus5

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
The experience seems highly dependent on the apps you have installed and whether those apps have updated for Lollipop. Essentially all of mine have, and battery life is much better than with KitKat. WiFi has been better too.

zedz

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
No real issues for me. Battery is far better apart from when using a tracking app which drains the battery at an insane rate compared to when running on KitKat.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
my battery is definitely worse. dont know what to attribute that to though. It could be that the apps i have installed are unoptimized for lollipop. But so far, not too impressed.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly if you did an OTA update wipe factory reset the phone much better. Buy yes google fit eats battery because of location tracking (I wish you could have the step counter on without the location)

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly if you did an OTA update wipe factory reset the phone much better. Buy yes google fit eats battery because of location tracking (I wish you could have the step counter on without the location)

Was it dramatically better after factory reset? Seems like some are saying it really helped and others say it didn't.

Posted via Android Central App

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Was it dramatically better after factory reset? Seems like some are saying it really helped and others say it didn't.

I found it better. Although i find after a factory reset it takes a few days for google services to stop killing the battery but after that I been getting good battery life

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Disable Google Fit. As soon as I had that enabled I was getting massive battery drain.

Do you mean that you were actually using the app, or just that it was sitting unused but enabled in your app tray?

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is better.
Android services using less power.
I miss the Combined Inbox feature with stock email gone.
I thought I would miss the widgets on my Lockscreen (I used Email widget),
but now I am liking the Alerts better. Many apps need to have Alerts turned ON.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Everything running just fine on my nexus 5 since the ota update. Seems to run smoother and faster, and battery is better.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 5 is running great. The first couple of days on lollipop the battery wasn't good but it seems to have settled and it is better than on KitKat now.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 5 is running great. The first couple of days on lollipop the battery wasn't good but it seems to have settled and it is better than on KitKat now.

Me too the first two nights was not that great. Rebooted a dozen times and ran the cache wipe. I then disabled Google Fit and it is better yesterday and today. Don't know if it makes a difference but I will never use Fit. The app does nothing anyway you open it and it just runs a setup wizard then says it can't find something and quits. Plus I don't excersise so I can care less about fitness apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty