Nexus 5 black screen

R129

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I own a Google Nexus 5 and a BlackBerry. I switched the sim card of the BlackBerry to the Nexus and all of a suddenly the Nexus gave a black screen. If I press the power button the phone vibrates but that's it. No android logo or anything. It just vibrates. If I put it in the charger there is still no battery logo/icon. And last, if I press the volume down button + the power button it vibrates but still no bootloader or something like that. I even tried to get it back to stock rom 4.4 and 5.0. My windows PC recognizes the phone and the phone does everything, but the screen is just black. I had it rooted and running on android 5.0 lollipop. Could anybody please help me? I've searched the forums and on the internet but there wasn't anybody who experienced the same as I did.

When i just tried to turn it on, it even responds to touches on the screen. I hear sounds when i press on the screen and it dials a number i guess..

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the phone didn't get wet, there could be a number of things causing those symptoms. Only putting it on a repair bench and testing it will tell you what it is.

Einreb Serolf

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
The same things happened to my Nexus 5,black screen and very hot on the lower left side. Screen started flickering before this so I made factory reset then no screen at all.Where you able to recover from this?I sent mine for repair, have to wait 6 days.