WI-FI will only connect when I turn the screen on.

AdrianFloresF

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I'm not sure if this supposed to happen like this, but I hadn't seen this behaviour in any of my previous devices.

The thing is that whenever I go inside the range a previously accessed wi-fi network, my N5 will only connect to it when I turn the screen on. For example, when I come to my office or my house, it's only when I grab the phone and turn the screen on that I see the device picking up the connection. That's regardless of how long I've been there and how long has the phone been inactive. It also happens when momentarily going outside the range of the router, like going to the bathroom and back in my office. I was told that it's because the phone goes into deep sleep quickly and stops scanning for connections.

Is this normal behaviour? Seems a little unpractical.

Thanks in advance.

Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 - completely stock.

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Under Settings | WiFi | 3-dot menu | Advanced, do those settings look good? Specifically, "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" and "Scanning always available."

Giulio Malventi

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing, and it seems it was related to Snapdragon BatteryGuru. When uninstalling, the app does not seem to restore the settings to the previous state. To fix the WiFi I had to reinstall BatteryGuru, deactivate the service and uninstall again.

AdrianFloresF

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing, and it seems it was related to Snapdragon BatteryGuru. When uninstalling, the app does not seem to restore the settings to the previous state. To fix the WiFi I had to reinstall BatteryGuru, deactivate the service and uninstall again.

Thanks, Giulio.

I've never installed that app and this has been happening ever since a first used the phone. I've made multiple factory resets, installed a bunch of different roms, gone back to stock, installed other roms, and made every possible change in the device and I still have that issue. I gave up a while ago, it seems to be a hardware issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non