Where to get replacement motherboard/logic board for Nexus 5 (LG D820) 32GB?

A

AC Question

My Nexus 5 was diagnosed by LG as having liquid damage on the motherboard and they returned it to me without repair. From the picture they sent it appears a transistor is shorted out. LG would not provide the part name or part number so I could get it repaired/replaced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Likely LG would prefer you send it to them for repair, which they will charge for. The only place I purchased parts for my devices in the past appears to be having issues with their website. CNN.CN and not its not CNN News. I cannot say if they sell the motherboards or not.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did send the device to LG for repair and because their technician found liquid damage, LG wouldn't repair it...even for a fee which I was willing to pay.

Here is the a picture of the motherboard and the damaged part. Any other suggestions where to get a replacement? Many thanks again.

352584060732259_1.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Now that simply sucks that they won't offer a repair for a fee. IMO that would make me steer clear of their products going forward. The only thing I could recommend is find a busted screen Nexus 5 on eBay (make sure its not blacklisted) and canibalize it for parts.

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks again for the suggestion. I contacted Google Support and their representative offered me a replacement device, albeit refurbished, and I accepted.

Could you please let me know how you contacted google. I got a similar issue though not by any damage. My phone suddenly got shut down, dont know why. The service center also says so. please help

shivangi chhaparia

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Re:Here is problem with my Nexus 6p

I don't know how to contact with google. I got an issue with my Nexus 6p, though not by any damage. My phone suddenly got shut down, don't know why.. need your help.. please do reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87