Best Way to Get more Screen Density?

deathsyn

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just moved to a Nexus 6 from an Xperia Z Ultra, and I guess I've been rather spoiled by the information density the Sony provided. Chiefly, on my launcher, the Z Ultra is able to provide a 6x6 grid of icons at 1080p. My new Nexus 6 however, only provides 5x5. Also I've noticed my keyboard consumes nearly half the screen with the completion bar enabled. Has anyone got ideas on how I might make the Nexus 6 more like the Xperia Z Ultra in these respects? I've attached photos below to provide clarity (would have just linked from G+, but the rules only let me link after 10 posts, and I'm new here):

Any useful advice here would be greatly appreciated :D

Attachments

• xperia_z_ultra.jpg
    xperia_z_ultra.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 28
  • nexus_6.jpg
    nexus_6.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 27

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not actually sure about how to change the keyboard size natively, but for the screen density a lot of people use the Nova Launcher ($5 for the Prime version which I think is more than worth it and worth supporting) and you can change the grid to pretty much any number x number you want. I don't think natively you can do anything about either sadly

deathsyn

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I looked at Nova Launcher, and it claimed to support the grid I wanted, but when I tried to place icons next to each other within it, it kept trying to make folders. Maybe I'm missing something?

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed it's hard if you bump them next to each other especially if you're trying to push an icon over one spot by putting another in it's current position. I just hard press for each into a spot that I've already opened up and don't run into any problems, hopefully it's not giving you that trouble when the icons haven't even touched each other?

deathsyn

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I monkeyed around with it a bit more, and figured it out. Nova Launcher for the win! I went ahead and bought Prime from the Play Store (down to $4 right now, it looks like) since it works so well! Thanks again for the help!