Nexus 6 back cover and battery expanding

Chewie01

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

A quick question to anybody who has also experienced the back cover expanding and the battery swelling on a Nexus 6. In the US has Moto been replacing these devices or are they making you go through the repairs process?

almahix

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have that issue but I did have a camera failure. Moto offered an advance replacement. Only caveat is that it took a week to find a replacement because their stock is so low.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know why this is happening or how to prevent it? It's not so bad that I can't live with it, but if I am going to go get my phone replaced and basically start over I'd like to know how to prevent the next one from doing it.

AidenSurvival

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope my battery doesn't swell. That would suck. As for preventing it, don't leave it on the charger all the time. Use an OEM charger, or one that's not a knock-off branded charger. Try to keep the battery in optimal temperatures (if you can help it.)

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen about 2 weeks ago... The back cover started to come up on the side. Called Motorola and they asked a few questions... Promptly shipped me a new device. Not sure what caused it... I mostly use wireless charging at night and don't top off during the day.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have that issue but I did have a camera failure. Moto offered an advance replacement. Only caveat is that it took a week to find a replacement because their stock is so low.

What was your issue with the camera? Just curious as mine is going back for a camera issue.

Posted via Android Central App

almahix

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
What was your issue with the camera? Just curious as mine is going back for a camera issue.

Posted via Android Central App
Camera apps would display message "can't connect to camera" or something to that effect. Also the "flashlight" didn't illuminate.

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me two weeks a go. Very slight swelling but enough to damage the screen. I did the moto advance replacement but after 6 days of no 32 gbs in stock they replaced my 32 with a 64 gb for free. You have to pay a security deposit until they get the old device back.

Posted via the Android Central App