Why isn't my Nexus 6 assigning ringtones to contacts?

EpicManifesto

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6 not assigning ringtones to contacts

Like the title says, I am trying to make my Nexus 6 assign certain ringtones to certain contacts on my phone using Zedge. Now I go through the process and it takes the tone and I save it on the contact but then it just goes back to using the default ringtone in the settings menu. I used this to do the assignment
and it still won't do it. I don't understand why it won't let me put custom ring tones I contacts, I like to have a ring and text tone for each person on my phone that way I know who it is before I even look at the phone.

Can someone please help, I spent an hour at the store with this issue and 2 hours on the phone with Motorola...they said to whip the phone and that did nothing but take up time and effort.

Assclowns80

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 not assigning ringtones to contacts

Like the title says, I am trying to make my Nexus 6 assign certain ringtones to certain contacts on my phone using Zedge. Now I go through the process and it takes the tone and I save it on the contact but then it just goes back to using the default ringtone in the settings menu. I used this to do the assignment
and it still won't do it. I don't understand why it won't let me put custom ring tones I contacts, I like to have a ring and text tone for each person on my phone that way I know who it is before I even look at the phone.

Can someone please help, I spent an hour at the store with this issue and 2 hours on the phone with Motorola...they said to whip the phone and that did nothing but take up time and effort.

midian42

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 not assigning ringtones to contacts

Your custom ringtones might be getting saved in the wrong place. I had this problem too. My ringtones would also disappear from the list. The app you're using for the ringtones probably isn't putting them in the right spot.

Sent from my Nexus 6. These are not the typos you are looking for...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY