Like the title says, I am trying to make my Nexus 6 assign certain ringtones to certain contacts on my phone using Zedge. Now I go through the process and it takes the tone and I save it on the contact but then it just goes back to using the default ringtone in the settings menu. I used this to do the assignment
    and it still won't do it. I don't understand why it won't let me put custom ring tones I contacts, I like to have a ring and text tone for each person on my phone that way I know who it is before I even look at the phone.

Can someone please help, I spent an hour at the store with this issue and 2 hours on the phone with Motorola...they said to whip the phone and that did nothing but take up time and effort.
    03-08-2015 11:13 AM
    Like the title says, I am trying to make my Nexus 6 assign certain ringtones to certain contacts on my phone using Zedge. Now I go through the process and it takes the tone and I save it on the contact but then it just goes back to using the default ringtone in the settings menu. I used this to do the assignment
    and it still won't do it. I don't understand why it won't let me put custom ring tones I contacts, I like to have a ring and text tone for each person on my phone that way I know who it is before I even look at the phone.

Can someone please help, I spent an hour at the store with this issue and 2 hours on the phone with Motorola...they said to whip the phone and that did nothing but take up time and effort.
    06-20-2015 07:42 AM
    Have you tried assigning the ringtone in the contacts app?
    06-23-2015 08:50 PM
    If you can assign ring tones directly to contacts, then the phone isn't the issue and may be an app developer issue.

From the play store:
    Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers

Feedback is always welcomed. Please contact us at with any issues or suggestions android@zedge.net. Thank you for using Zedge.
    06-24-2015 09:35 AM
    Your custom ringtones might be getting saved in the wrong place. I had this problem too. My ringtones would also disappear from the list. The app you're using for the ringtones probably isn't putting them in the right spot.

Sent from my Nexus 6. These are not the typos you are looking for...
    06-27-2015 10:52 AM