GPS issues or the phone?

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am curious about something I have noticed with my new N6. I had a N5 and just recently upgraded to the N6 but when I use GPS apps to purchase things, there is a huge delay. For example, when I purchase a coffee at Starbucks my balance is not updated for 10-15 minutes and asks me to tip them 10-15 minutes after I purchase my coffee as well. It was more instant with my N5 when I purchased my coffee. Also, when using Google Wallet and turning on the location on the app, it would notify me if I was even close to a store that is stored in my rewards cards. With the N6, it doesn't notify me until I am already in the store. Anyone else have these issues? Also my smart lock sometimes works with my set locations but there are other times where I still have to enter my pin when I am sitting at my home or work. I haven't sideloaded the new 5.1 yet and curious if others have had the same issue before or after the new 5.1. Could it be the phone? Thoughts?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am curious about something I have noticed with my new N6. I had a N5 and just recently upgraded to the N6 but when I use GPS apps to purchase things, there is a huge delay. For example, when I purchase a coffee at Starbucks my balance is not updated for 10-15 minutes and asks me to tip them 10-15 minutes after I purchase my coffee as well. It was more instant with my N5 when I purchased my coffee. Also, when using Google Wallet and turning on the location on the app, it would notify me if I was even close to a store that is stored in my rewards cards. With the N6, it doesn't notify me until I am already in the store. Anyone else have these issues? Also my smart lock sometimes works with my set locations but there are other times where I still have to enter my pin when I am sitting at my home or work. I haven't sideloaded the new 5.1 yet and curious if others have had the same issue before or after the new 5.1. Could it be the phone? Thoughts?

The Starbucks thing is usually a Starbucks issue. I use that app all the time on my N6 and sometimes it says 'api down due to maintenance' everything refreshes later on though. My stars have never been immediate. The wallet thing is weird. Sometimes that happens to me. I find the GPS on this phone to be far superior to the one on the N5. When I go for a run and use mapmyfitness it finds my location in my house before I get outside. The N5 would always struggle until I got about a block away from home. What are your gps settings?

Posted via the Android Central App

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The GPS settings is set to HIGH. I have had better accuracy with the N5 than I have with the N6. It is about 2 months old and curious if I should take it back to the store and swap it out. (if T-mobile will allow me) The Starbuck thing is kinda annoying because after you forget about and have already drank your coffee, then they remind to you that you can now leave a tip. I have hard reset this phone a dozen times and still the same thing. So curious if it is a software issue that 5.1 can fix or a hardware issue where I just need to take it back. Thanks for the feedback.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The GPS settings is set to HIGH. I have had better accuracy with the N5 than I have with the N6. It is about 2 months old and curious if I should take it back to the store and swap it out. (if T-mobile will allow me) The Starbuck thing is kinda annoying because after you forget about and have already drank your coffee, then they remind to you that you can now leave a tip. I have hard reset this phone a dozen times and still the same thing. So curious if it is a software issue that 5.1 can fix or a hardware issue where I just need to take it back. Thanks for the feedback.

That could be hardware. If you can, swap it out. I had the same issue with my N5, it was a known issue from the earlier batch of phones. So you could have a defective unit.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch