Why are other peoples photos showing up in my gallery?!

A

AC Question

So I purchased a new nexus 6 a couple months back.. every so often pictures that other people have taken with their camera are showing up in my photos. I thought it might be a Bluetooth thing since I just got a pebble watch, but yesterday I received a picture that was taken at a local park a few miles away. I thought it was maybe a room mate messing with me, but they are just a freaked out by it as I am. It is very disconcerting to know that I am receiving other peoples photos that they have taken with their camera. Are other people getting mine? I can not find anything on the internet that would constitute receiving others camera pictures. I thought it might be an app, but then local people playing disc golf-- their pictures were coming on to my phone.. It has happened a handful of times.. maybe 10 pictures total. I am going to call some sort of customer service tomorrow.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That is a really weird and disconcerting!
Did you buy that phone new or used?
I will ask other ambassadors about this, they might have a better idea.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's weird! The only thing I can think of is that you're getting those photos through your Google + account. Are you using it and syncing with your Photos app? Check your G+ account and see all the information you can about those photos.

Just in case, uncheck the sync settings in your photos app and see if the problem persists.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I recommend you to create an account and join the Android Central community. This way you can answer some questions that we'll need to know to help you with this problem.

Jerrod Tofte

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I was the one who made the post. Thank you for the replies so far. It is a new phone. I am synced with Google, though the pictures are not coming from someone with access to that. Let me check and get back with you guys.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jerrod Tofte

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Checked Google plus app. I am synced, but I have all the notifications and things already turned off. I'm going to try to disengage my Google and sign back in, see if that helps.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which app are you using, Photos or Gallery?

Long press on one of those photos, tap on the overflow menu and select details. That should show some information about the pic. Check the path and maybe you can have a clue of which app saved it.

Oh! Thanks for joining in. Welcome to the forums! :)

Jerrod Tofte

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Update: my photos and location and such were never synced to Google plus. Like I said, they are pictures that look like they aren't /weren't suppose to be shared, especially from Google. I thought it might be some crazy Bluetooth malfunction until a picture showed up that was no where close to my location. Never even drove by.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you managed to see the path of those photos? The way to do that is different for the photos app or the gallery. This is from the photos.

Attachments

• 1428929167815.jpg
    1428929167815.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 56

Jerrod Tofte

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
It says messenger? Which I have. But I don't know the people in the pic, and I haven't received messenger notifications. I am going to delete messenger

Attachments

• 27574.jpg
    27574.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 103

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Google or Facebook Messenger? They share the same name. The Google one shares photos through MMS. Maybe someone just had your phone number by mistake in their contacts. Never used the FB app, so not much help there. :)

Jerrod Tofte

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
No, I don't have any Google friends that would share something like that.. Just a picture of some dudes playing disc that I've never met.