Anyone using Dynamic Notifications app successfully with N6?

mistaj33

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ambient display has been aggravating me a bit lately. So, I decided to go back to using Dynamic Notifications. I've used the paid version of the app on my old Galaxy S3 and S5 without issue. Unfortunately, it either doesn't like 5.1 or doesn't like the Nexus 6 for some reason.

One thing I was always able to accomplish on my previous devices was never having to use the power button. This feature is even more important to me on this phone due to it's size. With Dynamic Notifications setup properly, I could utilize the proximity sensor to turn the display on and then use the "dismiss + screen off" command with a simple swipe up on the lock screen to turn it back off.

So, I installed it last night and thought I had everything working well. Then I decided to do a simple reboot since it had been a while. After rebooting, every time I unlock the screen the app just crashes.

Prior to installing, I turned off ambient display in settings. I'm pretty familiar with the app since I've been using it for a while. So, I did give it access to notifications and admin access which is needed for locking the screen. I should also note that I use Nova Launcher Prime. I'm running the Nexus 6 on Verizon, stock 5.1 (non-rooted). Thanks in advance to any suggestions or really just anyone letting me know that they're running the app with no issues.