Gmail vs inbox by Gmail app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I tried sending my dad an email and Gmail app on our phones and unfortunately that email kept on sending and was cute for sending for 10 minutes I sent him another email using the inbox by Gmail app on my phone, and shockingly the email send out right away. Has anyone else noticed a line or freezing glitching issues in the Gmail app when trying to send people email? Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So I tried sending my dad an email and Gmail app on our phones and unfortunately that email kept on sending and was cute for sending for 10 minutes I sent him another email using the inbox by Gmail app on my phone, and shockingly the email send out right away. Has anyone else noticed a line or freezing glitching issues in the Gmail app when trying to send people email? Thank you.

Personally, I have never had any problems sending emails from my Gmail app.

One thought, however, is that you might be experiencing some sort of app conflict or sync conflict by using both the Gmail app Inbox as your email client for your Gmail account.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I have never had any problems sending emails from my Gmail app.

One thought, however, is that you might be experiencing some sort of app conflict or sync conflict by using both the Gmail app Inbox as your email client for your Gmail account.
It's actually a bit ironic because I'm trying but Gmail app and inbox by Gmail app out of the same time together on my phone to see which one I like better once and for all. Just wanted to ask a question and opinions from anyone else who might you know what I'm talking about. By the way, it's the actual process of sending an email out from outbox, to the Sent Items folder. That's the freezing part

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this.... not on my Nexus 6... mostly on the G3 and G4. Everyone so often, my wife would complain about this happening and I'd have to hit Gmail with a hammer a bit to get it to work. Sometimes I would have to clear gmail's app data, which was far from ideal since the issue seems to be with GMail syncing with Google, so I would lose anything in my outbox (since it never synced in the first place).

When it is happening, go check your Google account status in settings... the GMail line item might show a fault or something.

To be honest, I've never one run into a similar issue on Inbox.... I use the mobile Inbox app exclusively now (much better at handling the mountains of emails I get daily). It's been rock solid reliable.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this.... not on my Nexus 6... mostly on the G3 and G4. Everyone so often, my wife would complain about this happening and I'd have to hit Gmail with a hammer a bit to get it to work. Sometimes I would have to clear gmail's app data, which was far from ideal since the issue seems to be with GMail syncing with Google, so I would lose anything in my outbox (since it never synced in the first place).

When it is happening, go check your Google account status in settings... the GMail line item might show a fault or something.

To be honest, I've never one run into a similar issue on Inbox.... I use the mobile Inbox app exclusively now (much better at handling the mountains of emails I get daily). It's been rock solid reliable.
Yes images issued the sending process hang themselves with the Gmail app and the Inbox have so far as smooth. You know I'm having with the Inbox app that maybe you can help me with is trying to get my dads picture for his email picture ID to work and show through I can't get it to work for the life of me. He does have a picture ID for his contact card on my phone but the Inbox app won't show it.